husky 2stroke?

Arran Turner

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight de rail but not too far . Aspen . I have heard that if a saw starts its life on Aspen it can then run on conventional mix but if you start its life on conventional mix you can't then run it perminently on Aspen . Something to do with a coating on the components in the carb . The coating keeps the rubber soft and supple . Petrol strips the coating off but the petrol its self keeps them supple . If you use Aspen after the petrol has striped the coating then the rubber stiffens and cracks . New carb kit required. Or is this rubbish ?

never had any problem, I stripped a clearing saw that had half a dozen tank fulls of Aspen through it after being brought up (so to speak) on petrol/oil.

I was very impressed just how clean the insides were (piston crown exhaust port etc) and with a nice coating of oil.

The machine has been used for strimming as well as clearing/thinning, is a few years old and inside looks like a couple of weeks old, it was so clean!

Give it a try you maybe surprised

I decided to use Aspen in my workshop last September, and since then I have filled every serviced machine, except ride-ons, with it. This amounts to several hundred machines.

All of these will have been weaned on pump fuel and have adapted to Aspen with no problems. Sure, some have needed carb adjustment, but most machines need adjustment on service anyway, its no different on Aspen.

Some machines have needed tank grommets replaced, Aspen seems to dry out some perished grommets which are close to failure. Tanaka have suffered most from this, but I have had no leaks on Stihl. Its down to the type of rubber I think.

So far I have to replace no more diaphragms than in other seasons and the ones I have done have been for pre existing problems.

No matter how good the dealer, there are always some machines returned after service for slight adjustments. It may be coincidence, but there have been less returns this season than in others.

Starting is very slightly easier on the whole, WOT speed increases a little and the machines tend to run smoother. Fumes are greatly reduced. 90% of my commercial customers have converted, particularly for hedgecutting.

As a result, the owners have been very pleased with their machines and many will now use nothing else than Aspen.

My workshop smells better, and the chest problems I have suffered for several winters, have gone.

I am well pleased.

only on there oil guard engines on there cut of saws, the saw will detect a bad mix and will not start. u have to add there oil guard oil

Now that's a proper borrocks idea and has put me right off any possible future purchase of Husqvarna stuff. :sneaky2::001_rolleyes: