husky 2stroke?

Arran Turner

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group of us went around the Shell Research Centre years ago and the work that goes into making a quality oil is truely mind boggling. However as the bloke showing us around said a good oil looks just the same as a crap one.

He encouraged us to use their oil but admitted that the other main manufacturers made good stuff. His parting word were "Cheap oil is the most expensive thing you will ever buy"

I'm using up Motorex fully synthetic from my MX days but it isn't cheap. At work we use the ordinary Stihl stuff and haven't had any problems.

What type of oil was it?

My old 46 and 66 and have used a cheaper(than stihl and husky) oil since day one, which must be 15 years or so! Still on the original piston and pot with no probs whatsoever.

Also been used on all the 020's and they get well and truly overheated and hammered daily.

The oil is a good semi sytnthetic type though so its not like a cheap mineral oil that I presume causes most of the probs.

Might try some of the low smoke stuff though as it does sound good, especially since hedge trimming season is well under way.:thumbdown:

Not sure how true it is but I heard husky have put some sort of additive in their two stroke oil and your not supposed to run their new saws on anything but their oil. Great idea for them if true, not so good for us

only on there oil guard engines on there cut of saws, the saw will detect a bad mix and will not start. u have to add there oil guard oil

Just picked up some husky 2stroke oil from stantons which wasnt to expensive, also got my saw back and there was no charge for finding the fault/ sorting it which im well chuffed about :001_smile: So I bought a sawpod which im currently wearing around the house to get a feel for lol

Thanks folks

Arran

Husky low smoke brilliant stuff heaps better than all but Aspen.

Try husky low smoke and I doubt you,ll ever use anything else apart from Aspen

:thumbup: Yes I go along with that too.

Never skimp on oil, why:confused1: you may save £2 but cost you £120. Very lucky you took the saw to a "good dealer" that was honest or you could have paid out a lot.

Dont be so mean and spend some money, take the above advise:001_tt2: