Greedy boards...

Tom10

How would you (or do you) attach greedy boards to a ford ranger

I want to re-design mine to something better and keen to take inspiration from experience...

Ideally one single unit that can be pulled out and replaced as and when - if not something more permanent

Pictures welcome.

Cheers

Tom

• 1 month later...

Any progress with your build Tom?

I need to do the same for my ranger, just got a plastic liner in the tub at the moment. Was going to strip it out and build a ply tub then for the greedy boards I was thinking of some brackets that would reach over the tub edge/lip and bolt to the existing fixings for the tie down rails running down the sides.

Cheers, Tom

Nothing to report at the moment -

The project still remains in the ' I need to do it but havent got round to it' stage - like many other things!

However I think Im going to leave my plastic bed liner in and just build a 3 sided box - ply down either side (cut over wheel arches) and a bit accross the back to hold it all together and to stop chip flying inbetween the bed and rear windows - nice and simple

On the back (tailgate) I think Ill put some brackets / guides on the inside of either side of ply for another piece of ply to slide in and form a back that is higher than the tailgate.

do it like the full size pickups, make your plywood box to the height of the metal sides and include stake pockets to fit larger boards, dont know why manufacturers over here have never included stake pockets on there pickups

hi i have a L200 , built a chip box on it with box section and ali chequer plate. got three bolts each side that screw in to the top of the pick up, riverted a plate with the nut welded to it on the underside, can be removed by two guys in five mins, will post you a pic when my blackberry starts to work again.

hi i have a L200 , built a chip box on it with box section and ali chequer plate. got three bolts each side that screw in to the top of the pick up, riverted a plate with the nut welded to it on the underside, can be removed by two guys in five mins, will post you a pic when my blackberry starts to work again.

Pic would be excellent :thumbup1:

hi tom,i did lots of trial and error before i decided on the simplest solution.

A one piece box seemed awkward and cumbersome to put in if doing it by myself,unless you're leaving it in as a semi permanent greedy board.

I cut 4 pieces of sterling board accuratly from bed to roof and find that not only are they simple and easy to pop in,but weather its half full of chip,or up to the top,they dont move,hope this helps.