Car insurance renewal rip offs!

alex_m

the insurance industry needs to be devalued, we wont moan then!

I agree entirely,

They offer anything to get you to sign up but even when its the other persons fault take ages to re-pay your excess.

It took us nearly 18 months to get ours back from Churchill, even though the other driver was found guilty of all charges in court.

the insurance industry needs to be devalued, we wont moan then!

definitely. put it won't until all the insurance fraud stops!

i have 7 years no claims but it doesn't mean i get cheap insurance! i'm paying for all the ***** who put in £4k whiplash claims on 5mph shunts!

definitely. put it won't until all the insurance fraud stops!

i have 7 years no claims but it doesn't mean i get cheap insurance! i'm paying for all the ***** who put in £4k whiplash claims on 5mph shunts!

I had a claim against me in a less than 5mph bump. Whiplash, headaches, flashbacks for both the scumbag driver and his wife!

Not what I need! Didn't go through though. My insurance told me you can't sustain injury under 15mph so his case was thrown out. Took over a year to sort that!

What makes me laugh is we all go for the cheapest quote, but when a customer does it to us for a tree job we all mump and moan about the devaluation of the industry :lol:

The difference is that if the customer is in the insurance business he or she should be given the business just like he or she gives:sneaky2: After all isn't turn about fair play?.

easy-lift guy

When I ran Barrowcliff's years ago, we had an Iveco 4x4 with a list price of £35k which cost the same to insure as an ex-post office Astramax! A Landrover 130 could be insured on an agricultural and forestry policy bit the County Transit had to be on a more expensive builders policy. I seemed to bang my head with insurers all the time.

We had a 4day old, special order Transit stolen once, the insurers wanted to pay out about 3qtrs of its purchase price!

I think the point that has to be made about devaluation of the industry is that insurance is insurance and tree work is tree work ... with any insurance quote cheap or expensive, your covered as a result so the product is the same so there is no need to pay more than you have to, likewise if one shop sells a rope for £150 and another sells the same rope for £200 then there is no logical sense in spending more.

But the difference in tree work is that there is a variable quality factor, so a cheap 'jack of all trades' will not produce the same result as the mutts nutz tree surgeon with masses of experience. In which case your paying for a better service (though I know that there must be crap expensive arbs out there and also good guys that are too cheap)