Road tow splitter

Hodge

Those wallensteins are tough units,i have a friend out in states who sells at least 20cord a week on a quiet spell! and he only uses his wee tow able wallenstein to split it all with.He said he wouldn't have another brand tough as old boots he reckons.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those wallensteins are tough units,i have a friend out in states who sells at least 20cord a week on a quiet spell! and he only uses his wee tow able wallenstein to split it all with.He said he wouldn't have another brand tough as old boots he reckons.

id agree :thumbup1:mines been brilliant defo recomend

I bought the Balfor A11V trailed splitter from Riko & am very happy with it. What has surprised me is the number of mobile splitting jobs I've picked up. Didn't realise just how many people have come by some wood but don't have the ability/inclination to split it.

Riko all the way! I bought A11 without the additional trailer and then found out its a bit heavy to move any distance by hand. I use a Penny Hydraulics crane to lift it into the truck. The A11 with the additional trailer or the A12 would be perfect. Well made by the Italians.

I got the A12 from Riko, road towable PTO and electric motor. I can use the tractor or use mains power. The electric is a bit slower but free of charge in the day thanks to my solar panels. It's great to take to jobs where people want there logs split, they can do it safely and use there own power! It can be pushed around very easily.

Thought members might like to see pictures of a latest 'special' road tow splitter we have just built for a customer. PTO and 13hp petrol engine with dual pump for fast cycle times. The axle unbolts for tractor linkage or when the timber is too heavy to lift s the splitter can be used on the ground. As others have mentioned our various standard vertical road tow models are very popular indeed. But personally I am a fan of Horizontals, as long as rings have been cut parallel (as in Timberbear’s pics:001_smile:) then I believe a Horizontal with a drop over 4 way blade is more versatile than a vertical. But at the end of the day it’s down to personal choice. I think we are the only company that build specials for customers. Feel free to get in touch if you want to chat through things. [email protected]

DSCF3426.jpg.b1a233c137929e5bba8ab7fcf03d2ffe.jpg

DSCF3433.jpg.49171b6d70008df4c2c1da68fc0f680a.jpg

Hi Tim,

a splitter like that will be around the £4k+vat mark, but of course it varies greatly depending on the specification.

If you want to get an idea of price for a splitter to your spec drop me a PM or email and I'll work it out.