Road tow splitter

Hodge

Hi Tim,

a splitter like that will be around the £4k+vat mark, but of course it varies greatly depending on the specification.

If you want to get an idea of price for a splitter to your spec drop me a PM or email and I'll work it out.

I want one similar to this with diesel engine no pto on a road tow chassis with table to catch billits log lift 4 and 6 way knife . [email protected]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do something like a cross between the 2 machines I have attached pictures of but with a diesel engine.

We can do drop on blades that side over the top of the knife as in the first picture, or a hydraulic knife as in the second picture.

With the log loader you are probably looking up to the £5.5k+vat mark. The hydraulic knife will add a bit more.

We could do something like a cross between the 2 machines I have attached pictures of but with a diesel engine.

We can do drop on blades that side over the top of the knife as in the first picture, or a hydraulic knife as in the second picture.

With the log loader you are probably looking up to the £5.5k+vat mark. The hydraulic knife will add a bit more.

The bottom splitter with the table off the top is what im looking for how many tonne is that one in the bottom some of our timber is 24 inch and to make it work in line with our other splitter it would need to be able to fit a 1200mm billit on it Thanks Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
I have got the same problem our petrol thor magik is a good splitter but you got to bust a gut to move it. I have been looking at the posch road tow they do one with a diesel engine lot of money but its all so a lot of machine. It would be interesting to hear from others who have road tow machines 13t+.

if you look at the Thor splitter I think it would be an easy conversion to do a simple road axle for it with a drawbar

do any of the manufacturers produce a log splitter with a quick change wedge? looking into building my own and just wondered if this was a viable mod? being able to change from single to cross blade would be fine, I think it would put too much stress on the machine pushing a knotty ring through a six way wedge.