Bulk Bags

johnnytrees

How do you deliver them? on the back of a tipper? do you find that you sell more logs bagged up rather than loose in the back of a tipper. How do you get them off the floor on to your truck, a guess a fork lift.

sorry for all the questions just intrested.:confused1:

tie the loops together push the bag off the back bit crude but job done .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you deliver them? on the back of a tipper? do you find that you sell more logs bagged up rather than loose in the back of a tipper. How do you get them off the floor on to your truck, a guess a fork lift.

sorry for all the questions just intrested.:confused1:

I just haul them down the ramp of my trailer. Sometimes leave the bag if its an old lady! They usually let me have them back later.:001_smile:

Thats mixed around 80% hardwood from last years pile, stored outside.

We've never had any complaints and get lots of repeat orders.

I have logs that have been seasoning outside for three years and when tested with the moisture meter are as wet as they were on day one.

If they are outside with a sheet over the top and sides open for air circulation, will season well, there are a few like sycamore that seem to season ok in the open.

You'll be suprised how wet yout logs will be if you test them and it's not till the customers have some really dry stuff that they notice how much better the dry stuff is.

Saying all that, I sometimes have problems selling guaranteed moisture content logs because of the ignorance of customers, some really don't know or don't care what they are, as long as they are cheap :001_smile:

tie the loops together push the bag off the back bit crude but job done .

I drag the bag to the back, get down off the truck and wiggle the bag off the truck whilst holding the outside corners up, keeping the bag level till the edge clears the truck and it then falls flat on it's bottom, you have to jump out the way fairly sharpish though.

Then if it two bags you can just pull the second bag onto the top of the first leaving them stacked

I have logs that have been seasoning outside for three years and when tested with the moisture meter are as wet as they were on day one.

If they are outside with a sheet over the top and sides open for air circulation, will season well, there are a few like sycamore that seem to season ok in the open.

You'll be suprised how wet yout logs will be if you test them and it's not till the customers have some really dry stuff that they notice how much better the dry stuff is.

Saying all that, I sometimes have problems selling guaranteed moisture content logs because of the ignorance of customers, some really don't know or don't care what they are, as long as they are cheap :001_smile:

im burning hardwood right now which was cutdown early this year and stored outside in disks i split them in autumn and they all burn nice. when you split them you can see the water mark from the rain and it doesnt go that far into the log. maybe your moisture metering that small area.

im burning hardwood right now which was cutdown early this year and stored outside in disks i split them in autumn and they all burn nice. when you split them you can see the water mark from the rain and it doesnt go that far into the log. maybe your moisture metering that small area.

Did you check the moisture content Bill?

I took down a Indian Beem Tree abou 3 months ago, choped it up and stored it under cover. Iv'e given some to mate saying that i dont think would be seasoned enough, and it burnt lovley. Does any one know the moisture content of this tree:confused1:

I'd love to be able to keep them covered and indeed split them under cover as it usually ends up getting done in the pissing rain.

I just have one bay made up of steel girder and sleepeers and welded to one of the shipping containers.

Our sheds are full of more expenside chippers, trailers and stump grinder etc, so they take priority unfortunaltey.

I used to deliver them on the transit, tip the back up slightly and pull and run. I now either drop them on my little single axle trailer which is only about 8" off the floor and can be moved in to peoples garages if need be, or on the 7.5 tonner with a small hi-ab which will lift them over a wall and upto 4 metes.