Overloading lol

chrisgilltreesurgery

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris a roofmount is probably a great solution for what you have in mind, with a big grain trailer.

Where are you based? I'm from Otterburn, and the lads up there do some serious distances to jobs because of the low population density.

This thread has struck a chord with me.

I need to trim the fat on my Transit crewcab (I carry far too much gear). I'm going to shoot my dog and get a 9-stone groundy for a start.

The crewcab isn't a great idea anyway (I never have bodies in the rear seats), but I couldn't go back to a single cab with all the tools loaded in and out the bed all day.

I've often thought about a 4x4 super or king cab, but am worried about the limited bed space. To stay legal, though, it might not be a bad idea.

I reckon legally my Transit can carry a level load of chip in the original bed.

Teach the bairn to drive mark, then you and the groundie follow the pickup in a scooter, should increase the capacity by 200kg :biggrin:

No problems, anything else just ask, let the healing begin :biggrin:

my idea allows you to LEGALY carry a ton :thumbup:

I don't know about the drilling holes in yir helmet, if I was you I would rather take the fine than go down that route :lol:

Edited by Robert_S

Chris a roofmount is probably a great solution for what you have in mind, with a big grain trailer.

Where are you based? I'm from Otterburn, and the lads up there do some serious distances to jobs because of the low population density.

I need to trim the fat on my Transit crewcab (I carry far too much gear). I'm going to shoot my dog and get a 9-stone groundy for a start.

The crewcab isn't a great idea anyway (I never have bodies in the rear seats), but I couldn't go back to a single cab with all the tools loaded in and out the bed all day.

I've often thought about a 4x4 super or king cab, but am worried about the limited bed space. To stay legal, though, it might not be a bad idea.

Double cab or single cab wont make alot of difference to the outcome unless you have 3 fatties sat in the back. A bench seat and 150kg of extra tin. Rather than carry crew send them in a corsa you wont have to suffer the farting all day either.

I do most of the farting so there's no escape there and if I owned a Corsa I'd shoot myself immediately.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1p1uxy

Some how your own are never as bad. running a small additional 4 seat hatch has to be cheaper than o licence 12 week checks etc. It could give you an additional 400kg payload. You dont need to drive it or own up to owning it

Im based at a place called Heddon on the Wall, which is on the A69 5 mins west of Newcastle.

I was talkinmg to a lad yesterday who told me to get a tacho on my canter and get it beefed up to 5.5 ton, would this work or is this dooable?