How long does your UJ Last on your 90/110/130 land rover

mendiplogs

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Britpart should last longer than that, are you sure the grease is getting in. Somethings not right.

Hi was yes mate grease is getting into the UJ but they just do not last mate if they have very small play in them we put new in but then it's a works land rover but in the td 5 we did not grease them and they lasted years but the 110 has 2 ins lift thanks Jon

i've had a fair few uj's on my 1984 90, just recently did the front 2, try and grease them as often as possible, but from what experience i have had, they seem to be a very common part to go.

And by christ when theres that much play and the whole yoke smashes, it makes a hell of a bang, had that twice now...:blushing:

They should be lasting longer than that John-don't overfill tho as grit can get in and wear them quicker. Drove to Normandy and back last year with mine making the Death Rattle..:001_huh:

Hi pie we do not overfill I no what you mine about grit we the same on STD lift ht springs but not on the td 5 the UJ size are just to small all the best jon

Only ever grease mine when I remember and can be bothered which isn't very often. Had to take out the nipples and blow them clean last time.

Haven't had to change them in the last 3 years. '85 110 +2 inchs used for work and play

They never seem to last long, I would guess I get about a year out of them, maybe not quite, normally just change both if the prop shaft is off anyway. Constant use on dirt roads and fields, plus towing puts added strain on them, seems to knacker them pretty quick.

Farmers and other contractors I've spoken to seem to have the same problem.