Art SJ and RW.

Joe Loggs

Joe, if you're about on saturday head up this way and you can try out your sj with my wrench.

I can't see there being an issue with the wrench hitting the lever as long as you keep it set properly and tend properly. The wrench weighs next to nothing so it would need an extra weight on it to pull the lever, and thats if it would even sit far enough down to touch it.

You could get all fussy and say that a forked branch might sit on a prussik and give you a drop too, but what are the chances?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That link seems to be taking me to Hawaii itcc 2007 thread. Confused .

I'm confused too, just checked it and it takes me straight to page 80 of the ropewrench feedback thread, go to post 798 on page 80 of said thread and sawmans photo is posted there, very similar to the setup of caorran posted last night.

Thanks Ian, I'm thinking but there alot of money and they wear out fast I hear.

Yeh I'm thinking the same but like the simplicity of the ddrt/srt changeover etc.

Hi, I am using a sj rw combo. I've found it works real smooth. I've let a couple of experienced climbers try my set up including Johnp (on here) and it worked for them with no alterations. My set up is on the Rope wrench feedback discussion but I'm not sure what page.

As mentioned above, page 80, post 798:thumbup:

Edited by Ian H
spelling

Thanks Ian, I'm thinking but there alot of money and they wear out fast I hear.

DMc is currently running his Unicender under an RW and reports that the RW makes the Uni much smoother in descent and he estimates that wear on the friction plates could be reduced by half.

It all seems logical to me and due to vastly reduced wear rates, makes the Uni a lot more affordable.

In the short time a ran my LJ under the RW, it was obvious that the wear on the LJ brake would be reduced. Descending was much smoother too.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rnabvs

Yep that's the one thanks Ian. The thing i really like about the set up i have is the speed that you can swap back to Ddrt, just undue the lower shackle ( from an old Treeflex bridge)and remove the RW pin and your done. I will very often swap back to Ddrt when crown reducing trees, i find i miss the fine control that Ddrt allows.