Our damaged bodies....

Czlowiek Drzewo

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

The two of us used to cut hedges once a year ( new growth , first inch or two is what they needed ) in all the big expensive private houses in West Sussex and Hampshire . It was for a French pharmasutical firm , can't remember the name . we did it for about 4 or 5 summers .

First time in weeks you have made a sentence as normally 2 or 3 words with a dry witted reply ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right bicep twice the side of the left one

Left calf twice the size of the right one

Hernia that flares up once or twice a year when I forget to protect it by lifting with the legs and engaging the core first

Deaf as a post

Nerve pinch in my back that makes my right hand go numb if i do too much lifting and twisting

Hands so rough that I once put my hand on my wife’s knee and laddered her tights. Maybe that ones a superpower.

• Sad 1

I broke my back in a road traffic accident, I was driving no one else involved.6 Broken ribs too, I thought all other aches and pains would be easy to cope with after that. Been in the wheelchair nearly 17 years now. Still active, Looking after 4 gardens as well as my own and 3 veg patches. Cut and split logs with electric chainsaw and electric splitter. Getting arthritis in middle finger and the pain is something else at times. Getting older isn't any fun but have had a pretty good life all in all. 62 now

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Stubby said:

Its less than a 100 years since I was cutting Yew hedges for the manufacture of cancer treatment drugs so not exactly true .  ( some on hear might say I could possibly have cut hedges a 100 years ago )  

All I know Is that I came across the posted document by accident..,I was at the end of my tether with my own spinal injury with the consultant telling me that I'd likely lose control of my bowels and bladder not to mention the constant pain....so as I'm now in no doubt that the it's helped me.. I thought I'd share the info....

I remember the Yew thing....if it worked I expect it got buried for the same reasons as cannabis for seizures in kids, the molecules are too complex to synthesise...supposing they managed to find a cure, not a treatment, for any major disease or condition can you imagine just how much money they would lose.

3 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

All I know Is that I came across the posted document by accident..,I was at the end of my tether with my own spinal injury with the consultant telling me that I'd likely lose control of my bowels and bladder not to mention the constant pain....so as I'm now in no doubt that the it's helped me.. I thought I'd share the info....

I remember the Yew thing....if it worked I expect it got buried for the same reasons as cannabis for seizures in kids, the molecules are too complex to synthesise...supposing they managed to find a cure, not a treatment, for any major disease or condition can you imagine just how much money they would lose.

Sorry . Did not mean to upset you . Its just what I did to earn a crust back then .  I am sorry you suffer with your injury .  I am no stranger to pain myself .

Interesting reading that Macpherson. I like the logic, worth a punt for me. 

I like that there is no product for sale (ie no financial angle), although I guess we shouldnt discount the author making a name for himself and maybe he has an axe to grind with established pharmaceutical companies.

Turmeric (pills) is a natural alternative to conventional anti inflammatorys. Not saying its a replacement for stong pain killers as seems less potent, but has its place and helped me through sciatica and minor disk operation. 

22 hours ago, Stubby said:

Sorry . Did not mean to upset you . Its just what I did to earn a crust back then .  I am sorry you suffer with your injury .  I am no stranger to pain myself .

Me neither - married fr 18 years .... year of divorce and suddenly felt better  !  K

• Haha 1