Our damaged bodies....

Czlowiek Drzewo

14 hours ago, Macpherson said:

Hi, Although I'm a lot younger than you being 64 ? I also have suffered most of my adult life from the associated consequences of hard labour, back pain, constant sciatica, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow and all the other aches and pains that come with your muscles trying to tear themselves off your skeleton....and then on top of that I started getting negative effects  from the Ibruprofen I was using { not excessively } to get through most days which scared the shit out of me when read about it.

Anyway, about 4 years ago I discovered this document about a link between inflammation / arthritis and  Boron deficiency causing calcification of soft tissue amongst other things and that unchecked inflammation leads to any condition becoming chronic as time goes by, tennis elbow being a classic case.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ea6d/200ae6b8c8213823d1fb5c84cf035ae14493.pdf

Now I know that the word " conspiracy " in the title of this paper  and the fact that it's a fairly long read will put many folk off, not to mention that everything that conventional medicine has to say on the subject is entirely negative even though there's a whole raft of folk out there who anecdotally share the details of how they've been helped by Sodium Borate.

Personally I'd not try to persuade anyone to take anything that your GP may tell you is a poison and all the medical websites warn of danger...

Even although I had the stuff as a fungicide for treating freshly milled timber It still took me a year and a half of swithering before I decided to try treating myself and my old dog.... never looked back !

Two and a half years down the line the subtle healing continues, more than 2 years since a single pain killer and able to work like a younger man without being crippled for days after, I simply no longer have any pain anywhere......and the dog plays like a pup at 14, it also sorted her back end problems.

I imagine I'll get pelters for this but who gives a feck, all the best.

Had a good read of your link to Dr Newnham and read another piece  by him  below.

Interesting the comparison with table salt where we know that too little of it will kill you and too much will also kill you.  But that must be the same for almost anything.  Certainly too much of anything is not going to be a good outcome , whether it be ibuprofen or Mars bars or fizzy drinks.   Too much water can kill you  (its called drowning) so the fact that you have fed some poor rat an overdose of 100 times normal and it died is to be expected as normal.

I will keep my appointment with a rheumatologist and hear his opinion as I do not want to be labelled like Trump was for pushing drain cleaner!

WWW.POSITIVEHEALTH.COM

Forty years ago, Dr Rex Newnham developed arthritis, and orthodox medicine did not help. His analysis of the...

• Like 2

I would attatch more credance to Dr. Newnham's assertions than most other such stuff, especially if as he claims, there is clear corrolation between water/soil boron levels and the incidence of arthrits in the local communities.

BUT!

(i)Why has "big pharma" not been all over this and exploited the shite out of it?

(ii)And why does Senior Management be crippled with arthrits and I am entirely unaffected, after 40 years living beside other and sharing the same diet?

cheers

mth

2 hours ago, difflock said:

(i)Why has "big pharma" not been all over this and exploited the shite out of it?

I can answer the !st one but not the second except to say that everyone's different.

It's been about 100 years since the pharma industry has been banned from patenting anything from nature and about the same time since doctors have been not allowed to prescribe anything that's not been rigorously tested by the pharma industry, so if they can't make money from it and they can't synthesise  it they just bury it... massive " catch 22 "

Cheers

33 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

I can answer the !st one but not the second except to say that everyone's different.

It's been about 100 years since the pharma industry has been banned from patenting anything from nature and about the same time since doctors have been not allowed to prescribe anything that's not been rigorously tested by the pharma industry, so if they can't make money from it and they can't synthesise  it they just bury it... massive " catch 22 "

Cheers

Its less than a 100 years since I was cutting Yew hedges for the manufacture of cancer treatment drugs so not exactly true .  ( some on hear might say I could possibly have cut hedges a 100 years ago )  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Its less than a 100 years since I was cutting Yew hedges for the manufacture of cancer treatment drugs so not exactly true .  ( some on hear might say I could possibly have cut hedges a 100 years ago )  

You cut yew hedges a hundred years ago........I saw you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Yes I forgot about that, it only lasted for a short while though, I guess they planted some to get better control of quality.

10 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Yes I forgot about that, it only lasted for a short while though, I guess they planted some to get better control of quality.

The National Yew collection is at Bedgebury Pinetum in Kent, I add new specimens to it every now and again. The drug they developed is called ‘Taxol’, for use in people with heart conditions, not sure if it is still widely used or has been superseded.

24 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

The two of us used to cut hedges once a year ( new growth , first inch or two is what they needed ) in all the big expensive private houses in West Sussex and Hampshire . It was for a French pharmasutical firm , can't remember the name . we did it for about 4 or 5 summers .