Grabbing brash

Dean Lofthouse

I wouldn't mind having one of these machines but the only thing that would worry me is damage to people's lawns?

How much damage do they cause? Don't think most people would want one going over there nice lawn, I know I wouldn't.

Sorry for a bit of a high jack

Schaffer 2026 with turf tyres can do a donut on a golf green and do no damage except lay the grass over.the trick with a good lawn ( a rarety here) is not to drive in the same track all the time

Basicly the loader will do less damage to a lawn dragging/moving brush than numerous trips done by personel

my loader has 300mm wide tyres and weighs less than 1.8 tons and will quite easly float over mud which a person would sink into

i used to have contractor with skidsteer and a dingo to clean up the big stuff prior to 2008 but there would always be collateral damage

Edited by kimtree
spelling

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These machines are the most grass friendly machines there is. I recently took a huge Beech down and picked up and drove every single piece 600m across a golf course green in the winter. The green keeper said there were no marks at all only a couple of weeks after, basically, if the ground is not boggy, they will only flatten the grass.

As Kimtree said, the trick is not to drive in the same tracks every time.

You will have to pay around £15k for a decent machine of a decent size