Grabbing brash

Dean Lofthouse

If you want it to close fully and still open to a decent bight move the position of the ram on the fixed part to above the back plate so that with the grab closed and the ram fully extended the angle of the ram to the back plate is about 45 degrees, that will give you a closed grab at full extension and a big bight with the ram fully closed

Bring it to the workshop if you need any help

Andy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The grab you are using is made to move muck and not brash. The problem with the rotator grab is you have got to pick every bit you can't push up with it. Have a look at brash grapples best of both. The brash fork we use is a large muck fork but with tines which only have a 3inch gap between them we never have any problems get hold of brash but letting it go is a big problem if you are to greedy picking up a farmer I do work for has a big grab on a JCB tely like yours its a pain on small bits as you say when picking bits out of a ditch have to chain them.

ive had a branch manager grapple (without a rotator) since 2008.Fantastic for feeding the chipper,loading logs end first and over the side into truck.you can place not drop logs into the truck too.also fairly handy for reaching over short fences and grabbing logs

on a small loader (mines a schaffer 2026) a rotator is not needed, you soon work out how to manipulate it

i did have to modify it slightly.just extended the backing plate about 200mm with a raised section in the middle .this helps trap logs and small trees and allows the operator to lever the timber up and over obstacles. also the longer plate protects the loader arms from damage

when it comes to feeding a chipper no other type of attachment comes close for speed and ease of feeding.helps if you have a large chipper :thumbup1:

one drawback with no rotator is that the hoses cop a fair hiding but since 2008 ive only blown two hoses

I wouldn't mind having one of these machines but the only thing that would worry me is damage to people's lawns?

How much damage do they cause? Don't think most people would want one going over there nice lawn, I know I wouldn't.

Sorry for a bit of a high jack

I wouldn't mind having one of these machines but the only thing that would worry me is damage to people's lawns?

How much damage do they cause? Don't think most people would want one going over there nice lawn, I know I wouldn't.

Sorry for a bit of a high jack

That was exactly my thought on seeing the wheel marks

I guess so long as the soil was reasonably dry then a quick fork over (aeration)and the jobs a good un.

What about in the wet.

Customer going to complain surely