Grabbing brash

Dean Lofthouse

I use the attachment in the photo as is with no mods perfectly well just takes a little patience getting the technique right, best used moving bigger piece in site clearance jobs one of my pet hates is when others use it and insist on using the grab part for everything, use the tongs to catch forks and drag with it. Or pile brash into large piles point forks down I,e vertical to ground push upto the pile then grab drive back and rotate simples and no damage to grass.

For logs get a bundle using same technique, or just use like a fork lift.

As for grabs, I,ve seen them used well but they are heavy I,ve not used them much so I,m pretty useless with them.

I prefer the attachment you have as is it works very well and I,ve done some pretty big site clearances with it trust me Dean it is good!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can get Ram Kits Dean, you buy the cylinder, piston and rod and cut to length, there is a weld on cap and hose fitting that you fit once cut, cheap and a perfect fit. Needs a very good weld obviously, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Either a two stage ram (if you can find one to fit but doubt it) or weld another pair of pin holes brackets closer to the ram? Make it so the pin can be swapped between the two positions depending on what your handling with it.

It needs to be double acting