Working in Oz Visa options

Hi I'm looking for any info from people who have been and lived and worked in Australia. I went there in 2003 on a 12 month working holiday visa but only worked for about a month and stayed for about 2-3 months in total. This puts me out of luck for getting a 2nd working holiday visa as you have to do atleast 3 months agricultural/horticultural work on your original work visa.

I've heard of alot of British people out in Australia and New Zealand working full time. I know sponsorship is another way to go but how do you get a sponsor? It seems hard to secure a job from the UK as most employers would want to see who they are taking on and what they are capable of. I'm looking to go in the next couple of years but wondering whqats the best way of doing things. I've heard of alot of jobs and work available all over Australia. I was hoping to travel to Oz for a month or so to seek employment and maybe get sponsorship, but as most employers will want to see my work capablitlites what are the legal ways of doing this. Also i'm not a college trained Climber. I've just learnt off the job so only have NPTC's. Any info is greatly appreciated as I really would like to make the big move to Oz.

Hi Ricky, sent you a pm

be carful when planning to go to Oz on a holiday and have job interviews lined up. if they find any evidence of doing this you will be on the next flight home, that means carring any documents, references and so on, if you can ring companies direct, this means getting you times right and calling during work hours,

choose your area first

try all the big firms, AUTS, City wide, Active trees, to name a few

join Aussie tree forums eg treeworld , (this is how i got my job)

all these will help, a lot of tree firms ask for white cards, these are a health and safety card essential for commercial work not sure if you can do these in the uk but its no issue doing it once your here

we will give your a trial if your serious about coming out for a month

keep me informed

Edited by Mr APE