Very confused, any ideas?

MATTMOSS

To test the carb bung some fuel straight into filter end, if it fires then it's carb. Had this with an 088 turned out flywheel wasn't powerfully enough to give spark.

How can this be? explain please

A spark plug may spark outside engine but not inside. Try spuds idea. This will eliminate this.

Why/how can this happen? can you explain please?

I know what you mean about fixing tools, get self satisfaction from it.

thanks for the info. matt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I went back to the trimmers today and found the problem I Think?! In the end i could get them to run for a few seconds then that would be it.

Today I stripped them down again and found a crack in the hard plastic carb adapter thingy which goes inbetween the carb and the cylinder and when i pulled at it, it broke in half, it had been sucking in air through it, just got to try and find another now!

Im determined not to let it beat me, without an explanation.

:001_rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
I went back to the trimmers today and found the problem I Think?! In the end i could get them to run for a few seconds then that would be it.

Today I stripped them down again and found a crack in the hard plastic carb adapter thingy which goes inbetween the carb and the cylinder and when i pulled at it, it broke in half, it had been sucking in air through it, just got to try and find another now!

Im determined not to let it beat me, without an explanation.

:001_rolleyes:

I have still not managed to find any spares for these trimmers? Any body got one they dont want or just any parts? I need the carb adapter mainly but would have anything you have if the price is right.

If any body sees one for sale let me know. (HS60)

cheers

the part number for the insulator is 4210 120 2200 but it is listed by Stihl as being obsolete, as you have probably already found out.

Good luck with finding a used one!

Unfortunatley I have realised this, but thanks for going to the trouble of looking, and if you come across one you know who to contact.

cheers matt

get the soldering iron out, i fixed my water butt with one last year when it froze and split:thumbup:

Also couldnt get my cement mixer going the other day so got a socket on the fly wheel worked out which way the engine runs and got the cordless drill to spin it over, just pull it off quick when it fires else it will spin you round and round like on the cartoons!

just saves a bit of arm work:thumbup:

can you post a pic of the part your after? i may have one kicking about. but it dosnt have a part number on and its deffinately of a stihl hedgecutter, I had a hs60 as my first cutter and it was parted out but cant remember if this part is off it.