Arty farty AP poly e2e's and AP spectra FL strop

Dak

Do it Ben, although self tying vt may shave seconds of your day :P ! The burys are just a simple tug and its done!! So easy it makes you wonder how it doesn't just slip back out!!

It doesn't of course!!

I find extracting the core much easier and neater, and the buries are a lot easier, I think spectra creates more friction on itself and the cover than the poly making it tougher going during the buries. The poly just slides through easily.

All in all easier at every stage and the poly doesn't wreck your scissors!

All in all very pleased with it and will splice it over standard AP any day, even though that's easy enough!

Bloody hell easier than original AP! I didn't think that was possible? Haha.

I know what you mean about your scissors though bud. I bought a ceramic knife just for cutting that stuff. Makes life alot easier especially when you've got about 50+ e2e's to make! Haha.

Is the poly version any stiffer or softer once the bury's are complete? I find if you go much shorter than 75cm the hitch becomes inaffective due to the stiffness of the bury's. How about you?

I'd be interested to hear how both types of AP compare with same length e2es used on the same rope by the same person.. I dont want to jinx it but my current AP is working like a spiderjack above about 10ft at the moment so I probably wont change for a while :) Self tends and locks off everytime hands free!

• 2 weeks later...

So climbed on both over last few days and didnt notice much difference, poly is possible that little bit more responsive as its abit more flexi than the spectra core, but no major difference imo.