Entec Treebusta advice needed

Always learning

Hi All, I've just bought an Entec Treebusta and was hoping someone could help me out with a few questions?

1) Where can I get a manual?

2) Do they have a serial/model number and where is it? I have found the engine details (Kohler) but thought the chipper might have it's own?

3)It's very loud! Even when not chipping. Is this normal or do I have an exhaust problem?

Thanks in advance, Darren

Hi All, I've just bought an Entec Treebusta and was hoping someone could help me out with a few questions?

2) Do they have a serial/model number and where is it? I have found the engine details (Kohler) but thought the chipper might have it's own?

3)It's very loud! Even when not chipping. Is this normal or do I have an exhaust problem?

I have a treebusta never had a manual but if you re post this in the timberwolf forum they may be able to help.

Cant find a serial number on mine too.

Mine has the honda engine on it but it shouldnt be too loud so may be a exhaust problem.

Bearings and belt a advaliable from most agri engineers

1) As stated I'm sure Timberwolf can help: I got my 34-page manual from the private seller. If you get stuck pm me and I'll get a copy done (sorry Timberwolf!)

2) The serial number on my 1997 model is on the black and grey plate you can see halfway along the nearside in the pic

3) I'd say that loud is normal but you can tell the difference between a loud but correctly silenced engine and one that's not properly silenced; a holed silencer produces a raw, piercing sound; that's how I'd describe it anyway.

I bought mine from 'Joe', a gardener/landscaper in Stourbridge who went into electronics recycling only to regret it months later. Small world.

Jon

SDC11027.jpg.8b2c6931c691a8372fd5410bcd534f44.jpg

I'm pining for my old treebusta now - it was brilliant.

About 8 years ago they claimed that all known treebustas were still in use,

except just one - which had been dropped by a crane.

Thats reliability!

Didn't Timberwolf use flywheel and bearing off this on their bigger machines?

If so I guess the bearings could take the load from these but not the bigger machines.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't seem to have a serial number plate on mine. It's an ex-orange plant machine, so maybe it was moved or just removed when it was painted orange?

I've tried posting my questions in the Timberwolf section but it keeps logging me out when I try to post :confused1: any idea's why?

Thanks, Darren

Is it so important to have a serial number Darren?

Not necessarily no. It's just that I have no idea how old the machine is and if there were any variants or modifications/improvements during the Treebusta's production lifespan. It just helps when buying spare parts etc. Although I appreciate they are pretty basic anyway.

Darren

Not necessarily no. It's just that I have no idea how old the machine is and if there were any variants or modifications/improvements during the Treebusta's production lifespan. It just helps when buying spare parts etc. Although I appreciate they are pretty basic anyway.

Darren

Right, I'm with you. Hopefully others here can expand on 'variations' for you but I'm aware that there are Kohler and Honda powered models and 13hp or 15hp engines; mine runs on a 13hp Kohler and is a 1997 machine. Whether both makes were used in both power options I don't know.

You've got it with 'they are pretty basic anyway'; I don't think you'll have any problems with spares or servicing as there are still a good number of the machines in service.

Let me know about the manual situation if I can help.

Jon

Edited by nepia
Add

• 2 years later...