poem

I’ve been using standing dead Elm in our 60 kW biomass stove for the last 2 winters and need 2/3rds of a load as against a full load of Forestry Commision lodge pole pine. The Elm is more efficient as it burns slower but keeps the 4000 ltr accumulator tank hotter for a longer period. The pine heats the tank quicker but is also out quicker too, meaning that the accumulator runs out of heat earlier.
The Elm certainly burns adequately as the 200 year old house can get up to 26•C no problem even when it’s freezing outside.
IMG_2161.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldbloke said:

I’ve been using standing dead Elm in our 60 kW biomass stove for the last 2 winters and need 2/3rds of a load as against a full load of Forestry Commision lodge pole pine. The Elm is more efficient as it burns slower but keeps the 4000 ltr accumulator tank hotter for a longer period. The pine heats the tank quicker but is also out quicker too, meaning that the accumulator runs out of heat earlier.
The Elm certainly burns adequately as the 200 year old house can get up to 26•C no problem even when it’s freezing outside.
IMG_2161.jpg

Nice pad!!

dead standing elm is one of my favourites, green elm never seems to season the same as when its upright.

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Nice pad!!

dead standing elm is one of my favourites, green elm never seems to season the same as when its upright.

Fortunate in clearing away any dead Elm trees threatening the local church allowing me access to further firewood??