One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

If there's no noticeable difference between Aspen and husqvarna fuel, does the same apply to the stihl version. I'm wanting to switch to Aspen, but would be just as happy to use both the stihl and husqvarna varieties if they are all basically the same.

I’ve a couple on motomix, its a blended mix using stihl hp ultra synthetic oil, no issues [emoji106]

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harvey b davison said:

If there's no noticeable difference between Aspen and husqvarna fuel, does the same apply to the stihl version. I'm wanting to switch to Aspen, but would be just as happy to use both the stihl and husqvarna varieties if they are all basically the same.

Aspen and Husqvarna fuel are both alkylate fuel which comes from close to the top of the refinery ( less of it so more expensive ) I am not sure if Motomix is an alkyate fuel from the same level in the refinery like the other two .

Theres some other rival brands of alkalyte in finland:

https://www.hintakaari.fi/metsuri-pienkonebensiini-2-tahti-5-l-ymparistoystavallinen-alkylaattibensiini/p/6418591054502/

WWW.K-RAUTA.FI

2-tahtisille pienmoottoreille suunniteltu polttoaine. Puhtaampien pakokaasujen ja pienemmän haihtuvuuden...

Edited by Stere

I bought some 4T and mixed Stihl HP red with it as normal pump fuel.

Put some in my HT75 pole saw, did not like it one bit..... Ran terrible straight away despite carb tuning, eventually stalled, refused to start and felt low on compression, I tested it to find it was 120psi down from 160 ish. Put standard fuel in and it started, ran normally and the compression recovered.

Tried it in a newly ported 026. Ran and idled ok, started to loose power after maybe six cuts... Killed it, pulled it over and it felt very low on compression..... Yikes. Standard fuel in and it recovered power, felt ok pulling it over and I've just looked into the bore to see it's fine and back to pulling +200 psi!

Bizzarre..... I was interested in it but not that much to risk saws, back to the ethanol fuel. Anyone any ideas? Oil type?

2 hours ago, NickPC said:

Bizzarre..... I was interested in it but not that much to risk saws, back to the ethanol fuel. Anyone any ideas? Oil type?

Demonic possession I reckon. How could it affect compression ? That would be there even with no fuel in.

• Like 1

I bought some 4T and mixed Stihl HP red with it as normal pump fuel.

Put some in my HT75 pole saw, did not like it one bit..... Ran terrible straight away despite carb tuning, eventually stalled, refused to start and felt low on compression, I tested it to find it was 120psi down from 160 ish. Put standard fuel in and it started, ran normally and the compression recovered.

Tried it in a newly ported 026. Ran and idled ok, started to loose power after maybe six cuts... Killed it, pulled it over and it felt very low on compression..... Yikes. Standard fuel in and it recovered power, felt ok pulling it over and I've just looked into the bore to see it's fine and back to pulling +200 psi!

That makes no sense whatsoever?
Alkylate petrol would not effect compression in that way.
Interesting....
[emoji848]
  • Like 1