One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I went to my dealer to get some Aspen and he told he is having problems with the Aspen rep ( since Eddie left ) and they wont deliver to him unless he buys a whole lorry load . He has Stihl Moto mix as well but told me in a couple of weeks he will be getting in Husqvarnas own brand of Alkalite fuel .  Would this just be rebaged Aspen or slightely different again ? 

Hi Stubby, do you care to share with me the name of your local dealer. Perhaps in a PM rather than on the public forum.

Husqvarna fuel has no connection with Aspen, it is produced by a third party. Aspen is the original alkylate fuel and is the only company to produce their fuel in-house.

FYI most dealers order Aspen on a pallet which consists of 54 cans but we dont have a minimum order as such. Garden kit sells this in a week during peak times in the summer to put it in perspective :)

42 minutes ago, Aspen@AAOIL said:

Hi Stubby, do you care to share with me the name of your local dealer. Perhaps in a PM rather than on the public forum.

Husqvarna fuel has no connection with Aspen, it is produced by a third party. Aspen is the original alkylate fuel and is the only company to produce their fuel in-house.

FYI most dealers order Aspen on a pallet which consists of 54 cans but we dont have a minimum order as such. Garden kit sells this in a week during peak times in the summer to put it in perspective :)

I would have to ask him first . He did not have a problem when it was Eddie .

No worries stubby, just dont want you or anyone to think that we are difficult to deal with because i would like to thinkthat we are the opposite. If a dealer has been neglected since Eddie stopped working for us then its great if we can be made aware. its hard to deal with a problem if you arent aware of it...

Just so you are aware, nothing in our policy has changed since Eddie has left which would make it dificult for a dealer to stock our products.

11 hours ago, Aspen@AAOIL said:

No worries stubby, just dont want you or anyone to think that we are difficult to deal with because i would like to thinkthat we are the opposite. If a dealer has been neglected since Eddie stopped working for us then its great if we can be made aware. its hard to deal with a problem if you arent aware of it...

Just so you are aware, nothing in our policy has changed since Eddie has left which would make it dificult for a dealer to stock our products.

I can second this, AAOIL are an incredibly easy company to deal with. There are no minimum quantities for a dealer to buy, but it does make economic sense for a dealer to buy a pallet of 54 cans as it will then be delivered with no carriage charges, and any dealer can sell a pallet in very little time so need not worry that it is too large a qty.

As Axel says, we buy a pallet a week in season, with absolutely zero hassle.

Although its nice for a dealer to have contact with a rep, it is not necessary for a dealer to place an order with the rep. A dealer normally orders direct from AAOIL either by telephone or by the new dealer online portal, and they then receive the delivery within 2 working days.

As long as a dealer pays his bills he will get his goods.

As I said before Axel and his team atAAOIL are brilliant to deal with, keep up the good work guys.

Edited by GardenKit
  • Like 2

Since I interjected in this thread re my ill-running Stihl 026, which was apparently due to "stale" fuel.

Not so!

my 026 on absolutely fresh bought petrol anally retentively mixed with Stihl red 2 stroke oil,

and  .  .  .

still not running correctly, once warmed up.

My brand new, bought for the as yet unassembled Logosol chainsaw Mill, but unused 390/391 saw,

which still has the old stale fuel mix in, i.e. the exact same mix as the 026 would NOT run on  .  .  .

Running 100%

Both saws fired up this morning.

bugger ! ! !

so I surmise either;

(i) either an electronic issue, only manifesting when the saw warms up

or

(ii) a collapsing fuel line?, or some other cause of fuel starvation, since the saw behaves the same as when running on fumes= last dregs in the tank.

thoughts. please

mth

Edited by difflock

5 minutes ago, difflock said:

a collapsing fuel line?, or some other cause of fuel starvation, since the saw behaves the same as when running on fumes= last dregs in the tank.

thoughts. please

My 036 was running out of fuel with half a tank left and everything looked fine but I ordered a new fuel line anyway. When I took the old one out it had set and was not following the fuel as the level dropped. It works right to the end of a tank now. I don't know what it was run on before but I use Aspen in it.

My local guy, say he checked the fuel line/lines? and they were good.

I may need to either;

dabble myself(and I freely admit to knowing knowt about chainsaw carburation, and with 60 year old failing eyesight not best placed to learn now )

or

dispatch the wee bitch to spudulike.

but I suppose I will conduct non invasive extraploratory investigations,

but when sober!

mth

8 hours ago, difflock said:

My local guy, say he checked the fuel line/lines? and they were good.

I may need to either;

dabble myself(and I freely admit to knowing knowt about chainsaw carburation, and with 60 year old failing eyesight not best placed to learn now )

or

dispatch the wee bitch to spudulike.

but I suppose I will conduct non invasive extraploratory investigations,

but when sober!

mth

Sounds like you are having issues you shouldn't and should be relatively easy to fix. If you get stuck, send them in but am pretty busy at all times for some reason:confused1:

Entirely up to you what action you take!