One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I’m sure the fumes from any fuel aren’t good for you if your that bothered wear a respirator. There other factors to consider too like where to buy it. What happens on a Sunday when you run out and you have more stuff to do are you going to stop immediately and wait or even on a Saturday after 12 pm most place by me you can even get decent chain oil on the weekend because everywhere is shut. If it was cheaper and you could buy it from Petrol stations I’d consider it. But as that’s not the case and I don’t really buy into the fumes being better for you it’s a none starter for me. £20.18 per 5 litres is somebody’s idea of a joke I’m afraid 

The benefits to man, machine and the environment that Aspen claims in my mind do justify a higher price tag than pump petrol. Just not over 3 times the price. Double I could just about live with and I think I would make the permanent shift as I really did enjoy using it. I'm sorry to harp on about the price again as it has been covered over and over but if only it could be a bit more affordable it would appeal to a lot more of the professional market and sales would skyrocket.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hams25 said:

I’m sure the fumes from any fuel aren’t good for you if your that bothered wear a respirator. There other factors to consider too like where to buy it. What happens on a Sunday when you run out and you have more stuff to do are you going to stop immediately and wait or even on a Saturday after 12 pm most place by me you can even get decent chain oil on the weekend because everywhere is shut. If it was cheaper and you could buy it from Petrol stations I’d consider it. But as that’s not the case and I don’t really buy into the fumes being better for you it’s a none starter for me. £20.18 per 5 litres is somebody’s idea of a joke I’m afraid 

I have do admit that the £20.18 is a bit over the top, as the RRP for 2T is £18.98. I do understand why some dealers mark up the price though, its simply because they feel the margin is otherwise too low. I feel its bit short sighted of them though, its difficult enough selling at the RRP. yet alone at £1.20 more, they can however sell less than me and make the same end of year profit.

With regards to the fumes. The chemical makeup of Aspen undoubtedly leads to less fumes as any user of Aspen will testify. Its only those who have not tried it that will dismiss the claims. And I do know plenty of users who would stop the job if they ran out of Aspen rather than revert to petrol. They just make sure they keep adequate stocks of Aspen to see them through the job, its not difficult.

Maybe one day you will give it a try:)

39 minutes ago, jonnygurkha said:

The benefits to man, machine and the environment that Aspen claims in my mind do justify a higher price tag than pump petrol. Just not over 3 times the price. Double I could just about live with and I think I would make the permanent shift as I really did enjoy using it. I'm sorry to harp on about the price again as it has been covered over and over but if only it could be a bit more affordable it would appeal to a lot more of the professional market and sales would skyrocket.

Granted, it would be great if it were cheaper, but I do not see it happening yet. Even though nationwide sales of Aspen are rising at considerable rate, we are still far short of the volumes needed to reduce costs by any significant amount. But at least the rise in sales has so far enabled price increases to be avoided, the same RRP has been in place for over 3 years. 

Buy buying a 'bulk' supply of 54 cans you could get the price down to £3.10 inc vat per litre, which is 2.5 times the price of petrol.

Or even as low as £2.97 per litre should you buy 2x200l steel drums.

Yes it's really expensive, but I just charge £20 extra on a job. Pays for the bio oil which is about £6 a litre too.
Would be nice to get cheaper fuel and oil.
On a small 50cc saw you might not notice or care.
But with a 661 or 880 in your hands all day on a windless day.
I used to wake up the next day still smelling the exhaust from previous day.

8 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Yes it's really expensive, but I just charge £20 extra on a job. Pays for the bio oil which is about £6 a litre too.
Would be nice to get cheaper fuel and oil.
On a small 50cc saw you might not notice or care.
But with a 661 or 880 in your hands all day on a windless day.
I used to wake up the next day still smelling the exhaust from previous day.

I find a lot of my Aspen customers now charge an extra £20 on their jobs, even it they don't use a full can. Generally their customers have no problem with this. 

If their customer queries the charge they explain thats its environmentally friendly and better for their health too, and it seems that most have no issues with this.

The interesting thing is that they never used to charge the £6.00 for the petrol they used, so effectively they are actually making a little bit of money by charging the £20 as the Aspen is only £12 more than the petrol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GardenKit said:

And I do know plenty of users who would stop the job if they ran out of Aspen rather than revert to petrol.

Behave! Noone in their right mind is going to stop a day's work and mess up their schedule loosing hundreds for the sake of buying some petrol and getting on with it??

1 hour ago, dan494 said:

Behave! Noone in their right mind is going to stop a day's work and mess up their schedule loosing hundreds for the sake of buying some petrol and getting on with it??

Strange, I admit. But true.

Many Aspen users will never go back to petrol even if means leaving the job. But it also means most make sure they have adequate supplies on hand.

• Like 1