One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

good write up there gardenkit, it brings two questions to mind.

first pulling the spark plug on a petrol engine is a good way to see how its running, if aspen is cleaner running how does it effect the plug?

second if only a few places thin out the gases and juices which go on to make aspen what do all the other places do with it?

cheers needenginerunnin

I have a question, I run aspen in everything with no bother, I live next door to a supplier in Horncastle. Anyway. My mate came over to help with a job with his ms261, ran it on aspen for the day. By the end of it, it wouldn't idle and really lumpy when it finally started, the saw had to be flushed and normal petrol put back in and it finally came right again. Any suggestions on why this may happen to his saws but not mine?

good write up there gardenkit, it brings two questions to mind.

first pulling the spark plug on a petrol engine is a good way to see how its running, if aspen is cleaner running how does it effect the plug?

second if only a few places thin out the gases and juices which go on to make aspen what do all the other places do with it?

cheers needenginerunnin

First question. The electrode of the plug will still take on the colour associated with combustion efficiency. What will be missing are those black carbon deposits around the metal outer bit of the plug, and the black carbon that builds up in the cavity between the core and the body. Both the plugs in the picture are used plugs, the one on the right has had a season in a hedge cutter run on Aspen.

Second question. You must have seen pictures of those flames constantly burning off the top of the distillation towers and crackers. Thats where they go in the plants that do not have the Alkylation plants.

P1000993.jpg.f4404766dd3d70454926a8a7e5f9c6d3.jpg

I have a question, I run aspen in everything with no bother, I live next door to a supplier in Horncastle. Anyway. My mate came over to help with a job with his ms261, ran it on aspen for the day. By the end of it, it wouldn't idle and really lumpy when it finally started, the saw had to be flushed and normal petrol put back in and it finally came right again. Any suggestions on why this may happen to his saws but not mine?

Aspen does in fact have a very slightly lower density than petrol. Whilst the difference will have no effect on WOT mixture it may just effect the engine whist running on the idle jet, especially if the the saw was already on the lower limits (a bit lean) whilst on petrol.

So sometimes a slight tweak on the L screw is required, normally only 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn counter clockwise (richening) will do the trick.

No need to be afraid of tweaking this screw, you can do no harm to the saw, but don't be tempted to fiddle the H screw unless you understand what you are doing. The H screw does not need touching anyway for aspen conversion.

But as said in my FAQ page, there may be already some carb damage from pump fuel which may need fixing.

Hello everyone,

I feel Garden Kit has covered it very well.

We have lots of information on our website or you can contact me direct on 07568108953 or [email protected]

I have spent of 20 years fixing all types of garden machinery and I always answer your questions ASAP.

Thanks again for using Aspen

Eddie

Well on Friday i got myself 10 litres of aspen 2, and today ran 2 hedgecutters, a climbing saw and my new dolmar groung saw. No headache,no sore throat tonight, no gagging when hedgetrimmer puffing in my face.

Hopefully i will live a little longer now.

Just need to sort out your team's emissions now, Tim. :001_smile: