One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I ring ahead to make sure the supplier has A. got it is stock and B. will keep required cans for me. I have to travel some way to either of my nearest two dealers. So try to couple it with doing something else and buy 5-6 5L cans at a time. Ring said dealer when I've a single can left, as this gives me some leeway and the dealer to restock if they're out when I first call.

I cannot really understand why a dealer should be out of stock, after all its easy to see how much is left in the cabinet, and max restock time is 3 working days from order.

But having said that I admit we did once have our last can go out just as the new pallet arrived!

For those who have to make a special journey to get Aspen it may be worth direct delivery. It will add £4 per can to the cost if 6 cans were ordered.

The dealer I've used the last few times has on all occasions, has had enough in stock. The other is hit or miss. Sometimes they have a few cans, sometimes they have none, sometimes they appear happy to be selling it and other times they're not interested.

Eddie talked with them after I brought the situation to his attention. And indeed the next time I rang through they said they'd have enough and would keep the cans for me to collect. 2hrs. later I was at the store, only to be told by another member of staff, that they'd not had it in for weeks; and we're looking for a different supplier. I knew there was only one supplier but couldn't be bother by that time, to make the point. They a poster in the store, then promptly removed it when I asked if they'd be restocking.

Edited by TGB

Hi all,

The other week we had a stand at the Saltex ground care show.

We should have 10 or more new dealers soon and I hope these will fill some of the gaps in our dealer coverage.

This year coming I will not be doing many shows but focusing on our dealers and helping them understand how Aspen is good business and supporting them.

Please let me know by phone 07568 108953 email [email protected] or PM me if you feel your dealer could offer better service or if you can suggest a possible new stockist!

As always you can use the above if you have any questions or issues regarding our fuel.

Thanks again for all your support.

Eddie

Is aspen hygroscopic?

how does it compare to petrol

cheers

I don't know if its hygroscopic but have never found water in mine . As for a comparison to petrol I would say it burns a lot cleaner . Engines that are run on it from the get go have practically no carbon build up in them . It contains no solvents , no ethanol , and no benzene as far as I know . It has a very long shelf life ..years I believe un like pump fuel which starts to go off within a week .

It is the ethanol content of petrol that is hygroscopic, but Aspen contains no ethanol, so absorbs no water.

Rather than me having rewrite all the merits of Aspen read this thread from the beginning, or visit my Aspen information at

Aspen fuel, a perfect match for garden machinery

I hope this is of interest.

Barrie