One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Well, I collected my wee 026 this afternoon, paid the princely sum of £25.00, and asked what the issue had been.

A split in the rubber hose that sucks the fuel from the tank, he fished it outta the bin and showed me.

I surmise the 25mm-32mm long split allowed the hose to collapse when "sucking diesel" so-to-speak. 

I had asked about the fuel lines, because I figgered it was a fuel starvation issue, when speaking with the previous person, who had 3 "goes" at fixing the problem, and was assured the fuel lines were good.

Not yet tried the saw out as too-bloody-cold-out today.

Fingers crossed.

mth

• 1 year later...

Wow, is it really that long since anybody posted on this thread?

For anyone even vaguely interested, I am still lurking around on the forum and still very much a fan of Aspen fuel. Most of you will know that I sell Aspen as part of my garden machinery business, and am pleased to report that sales of this product just keep increasing.

For anyone wondering what this stuff is, and if it will benefit them at all, read this thread from page one.

You will get positive, and negative comments from both happy users and unhappy users, make your own mind up.

Post any questions, praise, or even criticism here, I am sure it will all make good reading.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bikewoo said:

I've been using aspen for over 2 years and love the stuff. Not had any issues due to bad fuel, no headaches and not a drop of wasted fuel. And my local husky dealer (skyland equipment) stocks it.

Its great to hear such a positive comment. If you don't mind sharing, what was it that made you want to try Aspen in the first place? (e.g. dealer, friend, forum, advertising....etc)

1 hour ago, GardenKit said:

Its great to hear such a positive comment. If you don't mind sharing, what was it that made you want to try Aspen in the first place? (e.g. dealer, friend, forum, advertising....etc)

I started using aspen after I had carb issues. Had it cleaned and rebuilt. Since then it's only had aspen. I only cut for myself and 5l of fuel can last me up to 9 months. Before aspen I had issues with my saw which I now know was bad fuel. Arbtalk first introduced me to aspen and I've been singing it's praises ever since. Are we going to see the combi set up that the aspen can fits into with an oil can attached?

• Like 1

I went over to Aspen ( and sometimes the Husqvarna equivalent ) when I retired from full time cutting . I did not want to get rid of my saws and as they would be getting less use I now can store them with fuel in  them . Would never go back to pump fuel . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gray git said:

DSC_0070.jpegDSC_0069.jpeg

Have been getting it in packs from my local dealer for about 4 years now but getting a pallet at a time is far more convenient and even got myself a nice strong storage box to keep it all in as well emoji16.png

Do you run all your saws on this John?