One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Dealers would need to have a calibrated pump like the ones at fuel stations and you could have a card payment system and self service to save them time.

And unfortunately those facilities would have to be paid for and the price would increase on the volumes currently sold in the UK.

Still, if the sales keep rising like they are at present it may not be too many years.

But to be honest, i would probably lose 30% of my sales if we went bulk. In general users love the ease and flexibility of the sealed can.

surely we could try and get the price down there be fuel duty / tax on aspen so with all the environmental benefits why cant aspen get a cut in fuel duty for being greener / better for people and the world

It would indeed be brilliant if the government dropped the £0.58 ppl fuel duty as it would bring the price down by nearly £3 for a 5litre can.

The government has been approached over the years but to no avail. But to be honest I expect they have many other more pressing issues at present.

But, despite the price, which some see as an obstacle, the sales of Aspen continue to grow, especially so over the last two years.

• 1 month later...

I bought a new Stihl hedgecutter from reputable dealer in the East of Brittany.

It ran up nicely and gave good service for the first tank of Aspen then performed badly as though it was just out of tune.

I couldn't use full throttle as it would die and it was gutless and so poor running I gave up on my hedge for the day and went home.

Back to the dealer, he ran it up sweet as it should be. 

So there, I look like a #### in front of himself and the mechanic.

What you run it on?

Oh, Aspen eh, well that is bad stuff, very poor, lot's of problems, better to use Stihl's Motomix blah blah blah...

I exploded...

Told him I wasn't some weekend gardener and that I've been using Aspen for 5 years now with never a problem and that he is lowering his credibility with me trying to pin an intermittant running fault of a new machine on Aspen rather than looking further at the machine.

FFS... 'king French customer service...

I then collected my pole saw and found they had changed the carb on it charging me 180euros without asking me first when I only dropped it in for a service and tune up the chuffing funts!

They told me the carb leaked, so I asked for my old one back.

Where would a carb leak from anyway and why change it and not mend it?

New carb was 100euros plus fitting.

Jeepers...

Ty

Reputable dealer in Brittany.
As soon as I read this, I knew it's going wrong.
Reputable Breton is an oxymoron.
My brother in Redon
Had a blocked oil pump,
250euro to replace on a saw that cost 200 new!
Next month I'm moving near Rennes.
I'll be getting my uk dealer to send me aspen and other kit.

A dealer running out of stock has nothing to do with wether Aspen have a rep or not.

We order another pallet by phone as soon as we are down to about 25 cans and it is always delivered in 48 hours. This is pretty well a weekly occurence. We only see a rep once or twice a year. Their time is best spent wooing new dealers.

19 hours ago, GardenKit said:

A dealer running out of stock has nothing to do with wether Aspen have a rep or not.

We order another pallet by phone as soon as we are down to about 25 cans and it is always delivered in 48 hours. This is pretty well a weekly occurence. We only see a rep once or twice a year. Their time is best spent wooing new dealers.

It appears that " Eddie " has quite working for Aspen . Good luck to him in his new job anyway .