One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Just had my first experience with aspen. I was given 5 litres at the arb fair and thought I would give it a go in my ms660. First 2 tanks went great. 3rd tank used today and it's seized solid. Aspen will of course say nothing to do with the fuel, but it will take a lot of persuading to convince me it wasn't. Saw was only 3 years old too. Feeling gutted.

I am very sorry to hear that your saw has seized up.

Please contact me directly or our office and we will help you all we can.

I would have liked to see the saw before it was stripped down but I would still like to see the parts myself.

Next week I am at the factory in Sweden and then booked to be in Scotland but the following week I can come and meet you.

Please call me on 07568108953 or email [email protected]

office number 01929 551557

our new office address is on our website, just google aspen fuel

..............................................................................................

Note to anyone else who has any issues with our products.

Please lets us know so we can help.

Edited by Eddie@aspen

Aspen will be pleased to hear it wasn't their fuel that caused my saw to seize. Not sure why it overheated but it did. Full credit to honeys who repotted it and sent it back in 3 days!

Its good to hear that you are sorted, and the Aspen is not at fault.

But as ADW says, its always best to find the reason and fix it as part of the repair.

Question about aspen....does it boil in sunlight like ordinary petrol based fuel which explodes out of the can on hot summer days?got a good soaking today fueling 395,apart from waste of fuel it ruined customers lawn (yes i should have relieved pressure before fuelling but sometimes can forget and today wasnt that hot either )

Question about aspen....does it boil in sunlight like ordinary petrol based fuel which explodes out of the can on hot summer days?got a good soaking today fueling 395,apart from waste of fuel it ruined customers lawn (yes i should have relieved pressure before fuelling but sometimes can forget and today wasnt that hot either )

Hi,

It will still expand with heat but so much and our cans are not as hard as the green petrol cans so the can moves and does not build up so much pressure.

Aspen won't "gas up" like normal fuel because it does not have any solvents.

It will still kill the grass but is kinder to the environment than petrol.

Hope this helps.

I think Eddie is underplaying it a little there. In reality Aspen boils up much less than petrol although it is still advisable to 'burp' the can in hot weather if using the 'Fill Partner' spout.

But the really great bonus is that if you are unfortunate enough to spill some on your clothes you will not stink of petrol for the rest of the day.

There is virtually no smell to Aspen, so if, like me, you don't get on too well with Stihl 'flip lids' you will have a much nicer day.

And, the wife will not moan about the stink in the car, the house and the washing machine.

My wife still comments after over a years use that she's amazed the fuel in the back of the car doesn't stink :) love aspen

I still cannot get over the difference using and selling Aspen has made to our business in the last 4 years.

The workshop and shop smell better.

The staff feel better, less headaches, more energy, less breathing (congestion) issues.

The customers who use it love it and can hardly believe the difference it has made to their kit.

Aspen customers are always a happy bunch, no moans, and always happy to tell others how good Aspen is.

Around 50% of the machines we service now use Aspen and servicing is a doddle. No fuel line or carb issues, clean oil and clean plugs. The oil and plug still get changed of course, but the engines insides are fantastically clean,

No loss of service work at all though, as was first feared. Just less stale fuel repairs, but we did not like those anyway!

Much greater footfall through the door, which is good for customer contact.

And last, but not least, a healthy profit contribution into the accounts, despite the low margin. (We do sell a considerable volume)

Win, Win situation.

Our health an safety policy is now to never use pump petrol in service work, I think this will become the norm across the industry in the fairly near future.