One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Eddie, what is the reason you don't sell Aspen in 25lt cans, like the pic posted by Josh Arb? They would be far easier to store surely.

Hodge

The cost to you the user is the same as buying 5x5 litre cans.

We are looking into 20/ 25 litre metal drums to get the cost down but we will have to fill these so might not work out.

If you refer to the STIHL MotoMix: For practical purposes, no difference. Both are alkylate petrol mixed with 2% high quality fully synthetic 2-stroke oil.

Hi,

I have read the Stihl information on their website and the handouts and apart for MotorMix using HP Ultra oil I could not see any mention of health benefits over pump fuel.

Aspen was launched in 1988 to reduce the Toxic emissions the forestry workers were exposed to and is 99% cleaner than pump fuel.

Aspen keeps for 3-5 years.

Aspen2 used to have the same spec 2stroke oil as HP Ultra / XP but now it has even cleaner oil with better lubrication and even less carbon build up. Look out for FRT on the new cans coming soon!

Hi,

I have read the Stihl information on their website and the handouts and apart for MotorMix using HP Ultra oil I could not see any mention of health benefits over pump fuel.

Aspen was launched in 1988 to reduce the Toxic emissions the forestry workers were exposed to and is 99% cleaner than pump fuel.

Aspen keeps for 3-5 years.

Aspen2 used to have the same spec 2stroke oil as HP Ultra / XP but now it has even cleaner oil with better lubrication and even less carbon build up. Look out for FRT on the new cans coming soon!

Here is a Product Safety sheet (in Danish) for the STIHL MotoMix that clearly identifies it as Alkylate fuel with Benzene content <0.1%, which put health benefits on par with Aspen 2T

http://static.stihl.com/security_data_sheet/downloads/DK-Stihl-Motomix-2T.pdf

Here is a Product Safety sheet (in Danish) for the STIHL MotoMix that clearly identifies it as Alkylate fuel with Benzene content <0.1%, which put health benefits on par with Aspen 2T

http://static.stihl.com/security_data_sheet/downloads/DK-Stihl-Motomix-2T.pdf

Hi Morten,

Can you check the UK safety sheet as I understand Motormix is a different mix in other countries as it is made for Stihl by different companies.

I could not see this information on Stihl's UK Website

Hi Eddie, it was a pleasure to meet you at the Arb show. I have just used Aspen 2 for the 1st time in my echo HCA-265ES hedge trimmer. It ran sweet with no adjustments so I will be running that on Aspen from now on. It took a few pulls to get it going but I used to run the tank + carb completely dry with standard fuel, but I can now leave it fuelled up ready to go which will make life easier. I will be signing the no fuel duty petition soon.

Hi Eddie, it was a pleasure to meet you at the Arb show. I have just used Aspen 2 for the 1st time in my echo HCA-265ES hedge trimmer. It ran sweet with no adjustments so I will be running that on Aspen from now on. It took a few pulls to get it going but I used to run the tank + carb completely dry with standard fuel, but I can now leave it fuelled up ready to go which will make life easier. I will be signing the no fuel duty petition soon.

Hi Logit,

Great news!

All the best

Eddie