Boots ... again

dent

I have looked at the Pfanner Zermatt GTX, but the Stihl boots offer more protection and more for your money.

Taken from Honey Brothers.

STIHL ADVANCE GTX Chainsaw Boots

STIHL chainsaw boots come with a rough tread profile on the sole, which is essential for a steady stance when working outdoors. Additional protection is provided by a steel toecap and cut-resistant inlay across the entire front of the foot. Breathable, waterproof material and padding inside the boots make them practical and comfortable for everyday use.

• Special profile sole with very good grip.
  • High quality, water-repellent suede.
  • With breathable GORE-TEX™ membrane
  • Additional water and wear protection provided by high-rise rubber edge.
  • Highly absorbent, removable inner sole.
  • Suitable for demanding, professional chain saw uses on hillsides and for tree maintenance.
  • BS EN ISO 17249
  • Cut Resistance Class 2 (≥24m/s)

boot404xl.jpg

No boot has ever given me more value for money than the Pfanner gtx I'm not sure if the stihl would out last them ...also the vibram sole compound and tread I think is one of the best I have used for climbing..

Any body want a pair of Size 9 scafels unused £150 plus postage... I fancy another pair of gtx !!

http://a10367a4.jpg

Edited by MattyF

• 8 years later...

i went from protector pro (multiple pairs over about 10 years) to pfanner zermatt.

i noticed a difference in ankle height, prefer the height of protector pro. but the zermatt were comfy straight out of the box, no wearing in like the protector pro.

i have ripped one of the size lacing hooks off already though, about 6 months in.

now considering haix protector forest boots.

incidentally does anyone know anything about the magic new boot haix were showing at the APF a few years back that never arrived?

9 hours ago, manco said:

incidentally does anyone know anything about the magic new boot haix were showing at the APF a few years back that never arrived?

Yes they are magic anti gravity boots negating the need for a rope and harness . Honest .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To save me starting another boot thread, I get annoyed with my cheap Solidurs when driving the pickup as they don't bend at the ankle very well and the fat chainsaw tongue keeps catching the fuel cap release lever above the pedals. 

Anyone else (with a jap pickup) notice this? Is it just a function of thick stiff chainsaw boots and I've got to live with it? Or if I buy some better ones will they be more flexible/have lower profile tongue padding?