watch out the timber fairies are about again

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those battery powered PIR wildlife/security cameras any good to catch the scum in the act?

They can be, but you'll need a few as the law of sod commands they're always facing away from the camera.

The other issue is with that evidence you've gained the authorities are not very likely to do f all.:thumbdown: Don't mean to sound negative, just bitter experience.

The garage on the back of my house has an alley running past it-leading up to winter I had loads of cars stopping to ogle my woodpile while I had the door open to aid drying and one fella ask was it ok to take some logs? Yes I said if I can come and empty your diesel tank for my Landy? Funny look and he walked off??:sneaky2:

Absolute nightmare, the jobs hard enough without someone coming along at the very last and walking away with your hard earn't efforts.

If this is something that is happening regular on your sites and you're prepared to spend a little to get access to who's doing it I might have a solution?

I have a contact who will basically build you a tracker into whatever you want within reason? He could do a 'working' Chainsaw to leave with your others or almost certainly do a length of Hardwood for you?

I was working at his place and his electric fence battery kept dissapearing? I watched him build a battery up complete with tracker and within 3 hours of putting it into place it had gone!

He tracked it to the exact house, drove off a safe distance and called the police. He then proceeded to instruct the stunned officer how the tracker worked and he promtly went straight to the property and bust the lot!

Turned out the guy had literally hundreds of stolen batteries and was paying kids a few quid each for them.

They run the lot through and even got the scrap dealer!

The police came to this guy and he's helped them do about 50 trackers in all sorts or gear?

If you're having a lot stolen it could be worth a try, but I'd just miss that calling the police bit out? Give me a call and we'll give them a ride on that infeed conveyor on the chipper!!

Eddie.

Its shocking, I feel for you guys putting in all that hard work just to have the wood stolen from you. I am on the flip side I guess, I've maybe 20m3 of logs either split or in rounds ready to split dotted about. None of it ever goes walkabout.

I can only think its the anonimity(sp) factor of living in areas with a large population. Up here if some one took my wood, I would know them. Not that that kind of thing goes on anyway.