What bars ya running

Ian C

Just wondered what size bars you lot are running on various saws. whats the optimum for a 440 and 660? at the moment i got a 20" on the 44 which seems about right but whats the best for the 66? was thinking a 25" but is this a bit near to the 44 or a 30" but will the 66 pull this and have plenty of power?

your thoughts guys

Ta

Ian

I'm running a 25" on my 660 and it seems to be v good, and a 36" on my 880 which is also sweet.

I was told that if you have 3 bars to choose from for your saw then the middle size is the optimuin (power to weight ratio) as i said i was told so i don't know how true this is.:confused1:

May be i just drempt it, i do have some crazy dream.:scared1:

I don't have saw in 90cc class but my 372xpgw would some what equal to your 440 and my 372 have a bar setup like follow 16"-18"-20"-24"

16" i run with 8pin rim and the others with 7pin ,,,,

my 372 pulls the 24" with authority, but the 20" seems like the best compromise of the bunch and 18" is nicest to run :)

run a 30" on 660-perfect, doesnt struggle atall, thinking about trying a 36"

dont have a 440, got a 361 with a 18" and a 460 with 25", both cut superb with ease

id agree with peter, 440-20", 660-30"

i'd pretty much echo josh and peters choices,i also have a 16" for my 361 but rarely use it now because then you may aswell pick up a 260,especially if you're getting old like me :scared1: at the risk of bending the thread what difference is there in 7 and 8 pin sprockets? torque? top end? :confused1:

at the risk of bending the thread what difference is there in 7 and 8 pin sprockets? torque? top end? :confused1:

sprockets=gearing

8pin sprocket=more chain speed/less torque

7pin sprocket=more torque/less chainspeed

7 pin is standard on most saws across the board... you might find a 6pin on some small saws (jap tophandles etc)

8 pin is only really an option on big saws running short bars... otherwise youre shooting yourself in the foot.

9/10 pin sprockets are available,but are rare and mostly used by racers