Mountfield lawnmowers - any good?

ctenicera

the best mwer ive had is the etesia pro 46, mine had a 2 stroke suzuki engine, brialant mower, i wouldnt mind a new one with the honda engine with the blade brake (the phb model)

I've just picked up an etesia pro 51 I think it is self propelled for 26 notes the Honda engine is worth more than that. If any one has a spare grass box for one give us a shout. Keep an eye out for ex council sales as you can pick up a good bargin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is a bit pointless unless the OP is more specific regarding their budget, the features they require and the type of use it is going to get etc etc.

I can go on all day about suggesting lawnmowers, but if 90% of them are more than the OP is willing to pay etc then it's a waste of time.

I have over 70 different mowers on display in my showroom that would take all day to go through. When a customer wants assistance, I need to ask relevant questions and/or the potential buyer to give me some indicators as to his requirements then I stand a fighting chance of not wasting his or my time.

Edited by pleasant

I've just picked up an etesia pro 51 I think it is self propelled for 26 notes the Honda engine is worth more than that. If any one has a spare grass box for one give us a shout. Keep an eye out for ex council sales as you can pick up a good bargin

Did you buy it at thainstone on saturday?

I forgot about it but was told some of the prices and thought some people would have been cheaper buying new.

All of this is a bit pointless unless the OP is more specific regarding their budget, the features they require and the type of use it is going to get etc etc.

I can go on all day about suggesting lawnmowers, but if 90% of them are more than the OP is willing to pay etc then it's a waste of time.

I have over 70 different mowers on display in my showroom that would take all day to go through. When a customer wants assistance, I need to ask relevant questions and/or the potential buyer to give me some indicators as to his requirements then I stand a fighting chance of not wasting his or my time.

Go on then, ask the relevant questions!:biggrin:

I have had a 550 mountfield self propelled model for over 5 years now and the poor thing has worked it ass off every summer keeping about an acre of grass cut each week, its only just starting to fall apart now but that's due to me only having it serviced once and not taking enough care of it, if I was going to buy another lawn mower than I would definitely look at another Mountfield.

I think if you took the trouble to read the first paragraph instead of just trying to be funny, you will note I have listed several of the key considerations.:001_rolleyes:

I did, that's how I got to read the 2nd and 3rd paragraph as well:001_smile:

I had no intentions of trying to be funny, I don't need to try, I'm funny all of the time.

I was just trying to get you to ask the op "the relevant questions". It's all good stating how long you could talk about mowers for, it's not going to help the op the slightest. Your post was formulated in such a way that the "relevant questions" may have been more than just the ones mentioned earlier in your post, so if you'd be so kind as to elaborate a little, the op would be helped a lot?:thumbup1:

'Twas no dig at you, or at least that was not my intention and I would like to offer you my humblest and most sincere apologies if you took offense.:001_cool:

I have had a 550 mountfield self propelled model for over 5 years now and the poor thing has worked it ass off every summer keeping about an acre of grass cut each week, its only just starting to fall apart now but that's due to me only having it serviced once and not taking enough care of it, if I was going to buy another lawn mower than I would definitely look at another Mountfield.

Louise, your 550 is one of the Stiga models branded as Mountfield. These are excellent mowers but Stiga deserve the credit for them, not Mountfield.

Do'nt buy any old Mountfield on the strength of the 550, you may be very dissapointed.

Did you buy it at thainstone on saturday?

I forgot about it but was told some of the prices and thought some people would have been cheaper buying new.

Aye you guessed right. Your not wrong about some of the prices stuff was going for:sneaky2: think you need to know when to stop and not get caught up in the bidding