Trailer towing:- B and B+E licence rules explained

ROG.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am referring to the laws on each category not what categories any driver got when they passed a test in a certain year

To what end?

Its an impossible situation.

The linked photo was more about pre / post 2013. Different wording but same meaning now they dropped the weight relativity thing.

You've lost me a bit. Anything combined over 3500kgs will need an o licence.

Unless your trailers u laden weight is less than 1020kg and you only carry your own goods, which covers most people using B+E Combinations

However the other guy is referring to the rule where you can tow a 1.5t trailer with a vehicle weighing 2t without B+E but I think the vehicle has to have a MAM of 3.5 for this to work and strictly speaking the trailer should be plated with a mam of 1.5t so it disqualifies a tt105 with a very light load on it etc.

Edited by Billy

I need to do my test now, who's best in south devon? For training and advice?

I can practice reversing in the field, but should not be a problem, as drive tractor and trailer.

Any advice appreciated is there a set reverse manoeuvre?

Yes there is a set maneuver for the test.

Diagram attached.

Most fails are for the normal driving & not the reverse test or hitch & unhitch.

I will ask my mates for recommendations in your area.

LGV_PCV_BE_manoeuvring_exercise_area_diagram.pdf

Unless your trailers u laden weight is less than 1020kg and you only carry your own goods, which covers most people using B+E Combinations

However the other guy is referring to the rule where you can tow a 1.5t trailer with a vehicle weighing 2t without B+E but I think the vehicle has to have a MAM of 3.5 for this to work and strictly speaking the trailer should be plated with a mam of 1.5t so it disqualifies a tt105 with a very light load on it etc.

Yeah he lost me a bit. Cheers. I was talking about if you go over the 3500kgs mam. But yeah forgot that trailers would need down plating.