help for a jonsered 2036

Albe013

hello guys

need help if possible i have a jonsered 2036 starts and runs fine when cold as soon as it warms up it the spark goes weak have swapt the coil and carb off a jonsered 2040 to see if either one makes a difference and it doesnt i dont know if anybody has had a simmilar thing happen to them just wondering if someone can point me hopefully in the right direction

any help is much appreciated

thanks albert

if at first you dont suceed sod it and put the kettle on!

Firstly - if the spark "goes weak" when the saw is warm and you have changed the coil, there is little else left to change bar the spark plug.

Things I would check in regards to spark would be: -

Distance between coil and flywheel - should be the thickness of a typical business card.

Change the spark plug

Make sure the cut out wire hasn't chaffed anywhere or just disconnect it from the coil and try the saw again - use the choke to stop the saw.

A coil breaking down will be worse when the saw is revving flat out and when hot but in my experience, coils have just died.

If you have swapped the carb and coil from a known GOOD saw then it is worth checking the tank breather, fuel filter and fuel pipe - the pipe can become rubbery and soft.

Always use fresh fuel in the saw.

It will be worth pulling the muffler off and checking the front of the piston - if it is scored, it may be you have enough compression for the saw to start but when it is hot, compression drops below the amount needed for decent running.

Good luck.