The move to Scotland is on!!!

Bald Monkey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

We made a similar life changing move just over a year ago & have not regretted it at all.

Dont let trivia upset the apple cart & keep focused on your objectives.

Oh and you need a .50 cal for the midges in July & August!

Et bon chance, mon ami!

N

Edited by NFG

Nice place you are moving to mate hope all goes well. As above, get prepared for midge madness with a fruity bunch of clegs thrown into the bargain! I found running away was the best option haha flame thrower works too although you soon run out of fuel but never run out of midges.

Thanks everyone, I think we have finally got a house sorted to rent. Its taken a while but if we get this one its in a really nice part of the village, up on the hill overlooking the Kyles of Bute.

Can't wait for the midges, :thumbdown: I'm hoping the estate work will take up most of my time but will do pretty much anything to make this move work.

Cheers for the best wishes, if anyone knows of anybody needing a hand up this way please let me know. I'll be prepared to travel. I don't really do any climbing, mainly ground work. Also, after working on a nature reserve for the past year I'm pretty good at putting up stock fencing, hide building, pathways etc.

Thanks, Gaz.:thumbup1:

Forgot to say that one of the best views I know is on the road to Tighnabruaich looking down the Kyles of Bute.

I know the view you are on about. Every time we have been for a holiday we always stop at the viewpoint and soak up the scenery, it's always great to be back.

Best of luck with the move, and new life.

Forget the Avon stuff, long sleeve t-shirt and a hat with midge net for the summer months. And watch out for the Clegs, they will bite you through your clothes.

I've got to say that we haven't really noticed the midges on previous trips but probably it wasn't the right time of year. The most we noticed were at the end of June and then they only came out in the evening. Never had a problem with the horseflies yet, guess we have them to look forward too :thumbdown: