National hedge laying championship

Steve Bullman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow quickthorn, they look good. :idea: How much does it cost to do, do you price it by the metre, and how far will you travel??? I may have just the client for a nice bit o'laying!!

Hi BigA. Just in case I've given the wrong idea, they're not all mine! Just the first and last ones, the Midland styles.

Most people charge by the metre or yard. For a reasonable job, it can range between £7-15 / m - all depends on the size of it, how much other rubbish there is in there and how far away it is. When people quote much less, you find that you get a poor job, where it's just cut and flopped down on itself. The first one I posted, I'd price at about £10 / m incl. materials but excluding VAT. I offer to clear up the waste for an extra £1-2 /m, providing chipping onto the base of the hedge is ok and I can get my towable chipper in, although I always hope that the customer will sort that.! Farmers would rather sort it themselves, but a lot of people are happy to pay for me to do it.

Personally, I normally cover Notts and Lincs, and I'm based near Boston, but I can go further, within reason, if I can park the caravan and stay overnight on site. Drop me a PM if you're interested