It's going to be cold for some

widmere

I'm just about sold out of dry firewood and so has everyone I've been in touch with. A cold snap end of this week with a bit of snow certainly wipe me out. What on earth is going to happen to the December demand - if it's a white Christmas ( which it will be) we shall have to miss out.

Well I suppose you can't sell it twice. I've never known a year like it September got busy and it has never let up.

I'm in South Bucks just wondered what other people have experienced.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have over 150 tonnes of very dry, naturally seasoned softwood available.

Could sell it processed into logs, or even roundwood lengths by the tonne.

Only problem is that it's on the Island of Arran. I could arrange transport if anyone is interested.

Might be worth consideration, especially if the local price of firewood rises and supply falls.

This is why there's so much demand..tightwads think wood is free

People are putting in woodburners thinking that there's fuel for it just lying around waiting for them to gather it. I've seen a few articles in sunday papers suggesting this sort of thing.

We've certainly done more than twice the amount of jobs where the customer keeps the wood this year...if not for themselves then for friends etc.

This is why there's so much demand..tightwads think wood is free

People are putting in woodburners thinking that there's fuel for it just lying around waiting for them to gather it. I've seen a few articles in sunday papers suggesting this sort of thing.

had that yesterday-pollarded a large veterain oak for highways-about 60%dead (seasoned!)

i had our 18 tonner hiab lorry more than full with cord, and some bloke pulled up EXPECTING us to delivier it to his farm for FREE! no offer of even beer money

err yeah, right'o mate

really resent it when people want something for nothing unless theyre family or a good mate