Whinchs fitted on timberwolf chippers

Capstankid!

Hi there!

I have a hydraulic one fitted on the Bandit 150.... Its a new unit to me, but the guys who have used it and seen it and in the know tell me its brilliant!

It will take the "cart to the horse" if you put it under pressure without it been on the tow vehicle.

The power is the redirected oil flow, so chip or winch.

I understand that these are a very expensive option.... I reckon electric is the more reasonable option.

The fairlead sits out on a arm, this lets the butt ends come to rest on the hopper, ready to be eaten!

if you want to look or photo's give me a call.....

Little Steven

0781 041752

Hi there!

I have a hydraulic one fitted on the Bandit 150.... Its a new unit to me, but the guys who have used it and seen it and in the know tell me its brilliant!

It will take the "cart to the horse" if you put it under pressure without it been on the tow vehicle.

The power is the redirected oil flow, so chip or winch.

I understand that these are a very expensive option.... I reckon electric is the more reasonable option.

The fairlead sits out on a arm, this lets the butt ends come to rest on the hopper, ready to be eaten!

That ms for that

if you want to look or photo's give me a call.....

Little Steven

0781 041752

Thanks for that, that sounds smart but I think we're just going to use a electric winch!!!

We,ve a electric electric winch fitted to a kwik chip 222 ecoline (was trailed but we converted it to tracks). Its mounted beneath the feed table on an L shaped plate which is welded on the chassis and underside of the table.

Mainly used to take the machine where the tracks can't. Its pretty powerful as we once moved a twenty foot site cabin we'd anchored to (nothing else available) but we've burnt one out.

Two leads to the battery and even a remote switch.

I can't see an ATV winch fitted to the drop down feed table being a problem .

If it were only used to drag brash to the chipper ?

Common sense is all that is required ?

I might fit one to my TW 125 as I have one spare in the barn at the yard :thumbup:

Will be fitted with crocodile clips when in use . Same as my beacon fitted to the same machine . Easy peasy :thumbup:

• 7 months later...
I have a warn wintch fitted on one of my tracked 190 works fine, it is battery operated and some time cuts out due to lots ove use I will try and post some photos 2 moz of how we fitted it,

We do have to chain it down sometimes to pull big stuff but works a treat !!

ill second that, usefull as ****!

GreenWich have fitted Superwinch winches to woodchippers for many years....electric is easier then hydraulic and cheaper too. As stated, prolonged use may cause them to shut down until cool, some remotes or wander leads have an LED to warn of this. They are fitted to assist in recovery and straight line pull and usual winch rules apply!