Whinchs fitted on timberwolf chippers

Capstankid!

Hmmmmm,

Tracked or tow-along chipper?

Whatever winch you use you'll need to think about anchoring the chipper - just have this image of a tree going the wrong way and catapulting your machine through the woods! - Youll also need a very strong bracket to attach the winch to the chipper, and a very strong bit of chipper to attach the bracket to.... you can see where this is going

Anyway - it might make sense to utilise the hydraulics of the chipper - subject to flow, tank capacity and the like. A diverting valve and a couple of directional levers and away you go!

One issue is access - will you get the chipper in to where its needed.

No doubt theres a few diesel-heads who can give detailed advice.

I suspect theres a goood reason few chipper manufacturers offer winch attachments, apart from the monsters in the states where they are used for loading the material - I assume the material to go through a 150 would NOT need winching in.

Hi Capstankid,

Timberwolf do not recommend fitting of winches to any of their chippers or shredders.

Any such attachments would need to be specifically designed into the machine to comply with all statutory requirements, But I'm sure if enough people want this addition, Timberwolfs design team would rise to the challenge.

we thought of putting one on our tow behind 150 for the sole purpose of manouvering the chipper around gardens / light recovery of the machine but not heavy pulling purposes.mounting it near the battery box and securly bracing it to the chassis rails behind the jockey wheel.as stated it would only be for moving the machine itself and not for mauling stuff,as yet to design it tho

I've worked with a TW 150 on tracks that had been fitted with an FMV hydraulic winch that was previously fitted onto a forwarder crane and it worked very well both in pulling over trees and also for some light extraction. Think it was attached to the undercarriage rather than the actual chipper but can't be sure - either way it took it well.

Haven't got any pics though :blushing:

I have a warn wintch fitted on one of my tracked 190 works fine, it is battery operated and some time cuts out due to lots ove use I will try and post some photos 2 moz of how we fitted it,

We do have to chain it down sometimes to pull big stuff but works a treat !!