Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

6 hours ago, nepia said:

Pic 2 is Mrs Sparrow and she's a looker too.

I would dearly love to have house sparrows; their noise is permanently embedded in my mind as part of growing up in Rotherfield.

They're 200 yards from here, just up the lane, but don't seem to get down it this far. I suspect the greenery here isn't dense enough for them.

Are you still in East Sussex ? I'm just up the road from Rotherfield, Heathfield.

4 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Great shot are these all with the new camera David?

Yes Gary. Getting used to it now but spending too much time this evening gawping out of the windows to see what's landed in the garden! Still haven't finished the three quotes I started two hours ago!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Yes Gary. Getting used to it now but spending too much time this evening gawping out of the windows to see what's landed in the garden! Still haven't finished the three quotes I started two hours ago!

Which camera and lens Mr C ?

7 minutes ago, roboted said:

Which camera and lens Mr C ?

Canon SX530HS. Lens is already on there. I just keep the settings on "Auto". As I said before, not a clue what I'm doing, just point it,  fiddle with the zoom , wait till it focuses,  take the shot. Enjoying it after never having a proper camera before. Problem is that due to Covid and lockdown the local camera club isn't functioning. I intend getting lessons at some stage. The manual is fairly comprehensive but I get bored and switch off. No patience, that's my problem!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Cropper said:

I honestly don't know, I assumed yellow hammers.

Using my recent poor track record of id I'll stick with yellowhammer; the cock bird especially doesn't have the black cap of a siskin

• Thanks 1