Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

That's impressive; I envy you your swallows!

I hiked around Bewl Water reservoir on Wednesday; over the grassy bank behind the dam was a group of 20 or so house martins, no swallows.

The distribution of the three species (and probably sand martins too) seems to be very uneven

Evening.  Been off on my hols - so here's a small selection of (really v. poor quality - sorry) pics.  A couple of easy ones and a couple a bit more difficult.  The one of the 'crows' I was really pleased with, in fact it's fair to say I was ........... ? 

I'll put a couple of others up in bugs and beasties -maybe tomorrow

IMG_5403v2.jpg

IMG_5675v2.jpg

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5357 v.2.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, ABtrees said:

Evening.  Been off on my hols - so here's a small selection of (really v. poor quality - sorry) pics.  A couple of easy ones and a couple a bit more difficult.  The one of the 'crows' I was really pleased with, in fact it's fair to say I was ........... ? 

I'll put a couple of others up in bugs and beasties -maybe tomorrow

IMG_5403v2.jpg

IMG_5675v2.jpg

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5357 v.2.jpg

Were you counting crows?

37 minutes ago, Anno said:

Short Toed eagle? Wheatear and very impressed with Alpine Chough - Spain?

Yes - officially apparently the Short-toed Snake Eagle.

Clue's in the name on the Chough - Alps - due East of Annecy.  You left out the young Black Redstart and do you want to hazard a guess at the big fella with the distinctive silhouette above the mountain. As a clue to its size, it was about 1/2 a mile from me - that picture is heavily cropped and taken on a 400mm.  Think barn door !