Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

2 hours ago, ABtrees said:

Morning all. 

Had a few 'not so common' turn up in the last few days so here's a quick selection (of variable quality !) along with a couple of  'old reliables'.  Haven't yet got the one I want -but who knows maybe today ?!!!  

IMG_3160.1.jpg

IMG_3133.1.jpg

IMG_3048.1.jpg

IMG_3187.1.jpg

IMG_3108.1.jpg

IMG_3042.1.jpg

IMG_3090.1.jpg

IMG_3104.1.jpg

Really like that Hawfinch,we don,t get any of those

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ratman said:

Tits are there all time, long tailed tits not so often like you say. Pigeons and doves are about 24 7, my dad goes nuts at em, tapping on window to get em away, i piss myself laughing at him, i’d just let em get on with it cos they clean up, he says “bloody little ens never get a look in” emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Was just thinking about you and your Dad as I tapped the window, again!

The 'bloody little ens' have all but given up competing with pigeons, doves and countless corvids here.

Not to mention all the times I look at the feeders and there's a neighbour cat sitting underneath, tail flicking with anticipation. I think all the cats around have a rota so there's always one on duty!

• Like 2

Great photo's.

There's been some fantastic pics on this thread.

How did you take those Gav? 

Just sat my phone in the end of the trough and used a Bluetooth selfie stick to take the pics. Bit hit and miss, but seems to work
  • Like 3

Did a small job near a wildlife reserve so had lunch sitting in the hide there.

Tried David Cropper's tactic of phoning Vermeer in the hope of something appearing, said they couldn't help make birds pop up on demand. Suppose you need to be a customer for that service

DSC_0477.thumb.JPG.65b15b383984407627ef7d8f2dc1e5c7.JPG

DSC_0480.thumb.JPG.9fe1f05f9b8c251cac5552e7c12fd08f.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This years chicks.

Dad is a 1/4 Dorking and 3/4 Bantam (Sebright and Sebright cross)

Their Mum(s) were Sebright -Bantam / Dorking or Rose Comb - Bantam /Dorking.  A real mix and match.

All have 5  Toes thanks to the Dorking influence and are 10 days old and feathering up nicelyApr_Chooks.thumb.JPG.1d4095ca7e652bb106d14173ff1e9fe2.JPGApr_Chooks_03.thumb.JPG.ec637478489f5a9e05cd6cd3b3d11c9e.JPGApr_Chooks_02.thumb.JPG.6bb248a5dc1954c2bab3ea7130d77659.JPG

Edited by Bob_z_l
  • Like 9