Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

4A7986B3-3BA3-41EF-A275-8E5A0D7E5D54.thumb.jpeg.7b0c5cc7ba8bce9e8a674d8e5950788d.jpegEB1BD4C2-FD7A-4C41-B85F-1EB7C6C94B43.thumb.jpeg.a57187372310a87507422c1aea9dc70f.jpegOne of our many Thrushes has had a hatch this morning,top pic was taken last week and she’s been sitting tight last few days,she’s so tame you can almost touch her.I put some small worms out for her earlier and she came and got them right from by my feet 

• Like 6

A Pied Wagtail that I thought was a bit too chunky, maybe a White Wagtail, but Googled it and seems it is a pied. Next two are front and back view of a little Redstart , we usually have lots of these flying around. Next is a dove mooching around on the edge of the gravel drive, again loads of these around here. All these taken today within a space of half an hour. Last is a Robin hovering under the bird feeder a few weeks ago. Sods Law that the couple of Hoopoes landed in the neighbour's pine whilst I was on the phone to Vermeer UK,  missed taking a shot.

20210413010804_1.JPG

20210413044039.JPG

20210413044048.JPG

20210403230539.JPG

20210116014013.JPG

• Like 6

Find it's hard to get decent bird photo's. We walked at a wildlife reserve at the weekend, plenty of ducks, coots, swans etc but not a decent photo to show for it.

Your pics are good David, the Robin photo is my favourite though, it is excellent.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Find it's hard to get decent bird photo's. We walked at a wildlife reserve at the weekend, plenty of ducks, coots, swans etc but not a decent photo to show for it.

Your pics are good David, the Robin photo is my favourite though, it is excellent.

Thanks Doug, purely luck I assure you! My wife bought me a "proper " camera,  not really a clue what I'm doing. When I zoom in I always overdo it, fiddle to see the subject and by the time I've focussed it's gone. Gold finches are the worst. They drop down, take a sip.of water from the bowls, by the time I've grabbed the camera,  they're away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Thanks Doug, purely luck I assure you! My wife bought me a "proper " camera,  not really a clue what I'm doing. When I zoom in I always overdo it, fiddle to see the subject and by the time I've focussed it's gone. Gold finches are the worst. They drop down, take a sip.of water from the bowls, by the time I've grabbed the camera,  they're away.

You can make them stay a bit longer with sun flower hearts and niger seed . 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

You can make them stay a bit longer with sun flower hearts and niger seed . 👍

Stubby, I need quick setting glue to keep them from buggering off! I have to take shots from my chair behind the windows, as soon as I open a window, off they go. You can see the reinforcing wire leaning on the wall as we're having a terrace built but it's not putting them off coming in. Makes my day just sitting there watching such a variety of birds in.one garden. We really are.lucky.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, David Cropper said:

Stubby, I need quick setting glue to keep them from buggering off! I have to take shots from my chair behind the windows, as soon as I open a window, off they go. You can see the reinforcing wire leaning on the wall as we're having a terrace built but it's not putting them off coming in. Makes my day just sitting there watching such a variety of birds in.one garden. We really are.lucky.

I have found that Blue tits and Great Tits will grab a bit of grub then skidaddle to a convenient branch away from the feeders  to get it down their  necks .  Long tailed tits and Gold finches will stay on the feeders to have a much up . .  Just what happens here .

• Like 3