Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

There is a bloke on yutube who has a raven he rescued as a yougster . It flys a bout but always comes back to him . It eats his chips as well .  It will lie on its back in his arms . The affection is so obvious . Very intelligent birds ravens are .  

When we thought it was time they left,we took em down the river at dark one night and put em on and left em too it drove about a mile back home through the village and all 6 of the fu&&ers were on the door step waiting for us

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Just now, gary112 said:

When we thought it was time they left,we took em down the river at dark one night and put em on and left em too it drove about a mile back home through the village and all 6 of the fu&&ers were on the door step waiting for us

Try that again and you will be getting a visit from social services ! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Stubby said:

There is a bloke on yutube who has a raven he rescued as a yougster . It flys a bout but always comes back to him . It eats his chips as well .  It will lie on its back in his arms . The affection is so obvious . Very intelligent birds ravens are .  

My dad used to tell us about a jackdaw that he had as a kid and that came home everynight when he got back from school,and was very intelligent aswell,it would stay in the outhouse at night til he got up next morning 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gary112 said:

My dad used to tell us about a jackdaw that he had as a kid and that came home everynight when he got back from school,and was very intelligent aswell,it would stay in the outhouse at night til he got up next morning 

I think most Corvids are smart .

• Like 4

On 21/02/2021 at 15:18, roboted said:

Apparently its Barbery x Peregrine

Close but no cigar for me....didn’t think of it being a cross I just thought is was a pet but if your mate hunts with it he must be a serious falconer...cross a peregrine with a barbery you get a kestrel size hunting machine.🦅

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gary112 said:

1E8E74A3-965C-4513-8EEC-0BA9DC9D12D8.thumb.jpeg.4b7e602777a80244123e5d50592a115f.jpegMy son took this today,Yellowhammer got to be another of my favourites and don’t see too many of em nowadays 

Got lots of them over the fence in the field . Can't ever get one to come into the garden .  Proper wild bunting he is !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get a decent photo.....but the local Lapwings are back. Missed them for a year or two due to activities in the field.

But the whooping was definitely out there... 2 pair by the looks.

Pics as soon as I can.

Then hopes are high for the swallows.

Light at the end of a very gloomy (winter) tunnel.

• Like 6