BT broadband problems and just can't seem to solve them. Help!

Rob D

Changing provider won't help if the line or exchange is bad though, which in this case it sounds like it is. I would go round your neighbours and ask them how fast thier service is and if its the same for them get everybody to talk to BT.

There is a proper BT speed check, which logs the test with BT and tells you the speed the line is rated for, and the speed you get.

Test Result

I had ALOT of trouble with BT when I moved house. They lied to me down the phone about all sorts of stuff and gave me standard replys that were just rubbish. I phoned everyday, the number I called was the sales number and asked when I was going to get the service I was paying for. In the end someone from BT phoned me and kept me up to date with what was going on!! Took 3 months, but I got there, and the service I wanted.

Regards.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

A slight problem with changing ISPs such as Virgin is the exchange at Sway does not provide those services, neither does it have any LLU providers, such as talk talk.

I have found the most consistent speed tester is at Speedtest.net .

Thankfully there is no BT over here & despite being fairly rural still get a good service

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1733657211.png

N

Edited by NFG

I hate BT, with a passion, I think they're a bloody shambles and don't deserve to be in business....

When I had problems with them I wrote a stroppy email to these guys....

'[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'

It was Michael Rake who got back in touch and hooked me up with someone in his office who sorted me out in the end.

Straight to the top boys, no messing!

I hate BT, with a passion, I think they're a bloody shambles and don't deserve to be in business....

When I had problems with them I wrote a stroppy email to these guys....

'[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'

It was Michael Rake who got back in touch and hooked me up with someone in his office who sorted me out in the end.

Straight to the top boys, no messing!

Agreed, BT are loathed & despised by techies, they even screw up the internet by not hosting a domain with an A record at btcentralplus.com - even if clients dont use a BT mailbox they inject this domain into mail headers so their sent mail manifests as spam, - spit.

N