BT broadband problems and just can't seem to solve them. Help!

Rob D

Had nothing but trouble with BT when our broadband died, their customer/technical support is apalling, we had all the same problems as you Rob with no resolution even tho the fault was their end, in the end I cancelled our direct debit awaited the fallout and court threats which predictably arrived, said I'd happily see them there for breach of/mis selling of contract at which point they released our contract.

Been with Sky ever since and they've been very helpful and very reliable.

Edited by Ian H
spelling

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you put up with it? Are you ringing them on a freephone number?

Dont threaten them just go ahead and change your provider.

Because if it's a physical problem in the line or exchange etc then changing provider will do no good and after all it's BT that own the lines and have the engineers....

Would changing provider work in that case?

Had nothing but trouble with BT when our broadband died, their customer/technical support is apalling, we had all the same problems as you Rob with no resolution even tho the fault was their end, in the end I cancelled our direct debit awaited the fallout and court threats which predictably arrived, said I'd happily see them there for breach of/mis selling of contract at which point they released our contract.

Been with Sky ever since and they've been very helpful and very reliable.

Hmmmm.... so maybe changing provider may work.... I suppose I've been with BT 8 years and I fear change! :001_tongue::biggrin:

Because if it's a physical problem in the line or exchange etc then changing provider will do no good and after all it's BT that own the lines and have the engineers....

Well they are clearly not doing anything to correct the problem. Are they also making you phone a premium help line number if yes then you are being bent over. Just tell them they are in breach of contract.

Hmmmm.... so maybe changing provider may work.... I suppose I've been with BT 8 years and I fear change! :001_tongue::biggrin:

To be honest Rob I had no desire to change, they pushed me to the point where I felt I had no choice and haven't regretted it.

BT broadband is apparently not provided by BT but by OPENZONE, they're not related, so when there is a line fault BT engineers fix it, OPENZONE is allegedly:sneaky2: just another service provider like Sky, AOL etc, well thats what our BT engineer told us,he wasn't allowed to touch broadband faults " not my department guv" and all that bullshit

It's all far too complicated:001_rolleyes: