Call from the Police this afternoon

76AR

Just had a phone call from Thames valley police claiming my chipper not mine and infact stolen! The officer went on to say it was stolen from Buckinghamshire on December the 7th and the rightful owner has seen it advertised for sale and it was definitely there's. (it's a timberwolf 150) how they could tell it's there I I'll never no.

Anyway after a long drawn out process including riot vans turning up at my house (embarrassing when all the neighbours are out watching) the police confirmed I am the legal owner and some kind of mistake had been made!

I wasn't best pleased during this mix up but at least they are trying in some shape or form to recover stolen equipment!

probably some copper going ooh theres one of those chippy things must be it! haha

I was told that the person who had been burgled had stated it was 100% there chipper. God knows how as the chipper has never been modified in any way so looks like the other 100000 tw150s out there!!,!,

Not very nice for you and a riot van is very OTT.

But I do feel sorry for the other person, they were no doubt certain that it was their chipper and looking forward to getting it back, I bet they're having an even worse day than you.

But it's beyond me how someone can identify a chipper from one photo and say it's 100% there's when it's no different to any other!!

But yes I do feel sorry for them having one stolen

Sounds like the Police did not do their due diligence regarding this case and the response was way over the top. I would request from the head of the force a letter of apology to you and make copies of this document to hand out to the folks in your neighborhood.

At least than you could feel a little better about someone else's mistake and so will your neighbors. This is the very least the Police could do to help set things right IMHO.

easy-lift guy

Sounds like the Police did not do their due diligence regarding this case and the response was way over the top. I would request from the head of the force a letter of apology to you and make copies of this document to hand out to the folks in your neighborhood.

At least than you could feel a little better about someone else's mistake and so will your neighbors. This is the very least the Police could do to help set things right IMHO.

easy-lift guy

Excellent bit of advice :thumbup:

The Police should be praised for taking serious action on all these current thefts and if going to certain places then I am sure couple of full riot vans might well be needed. That man will have some explaining to do now.

We had one stolen (not replaced to be stolen again) on the fourth go and Police and Vodaphone refused to trace the mobile used to call me and describe the machine and would not show pictures on crimewatch as considered no risk to life. You can think of the response I said about if we caught them instead of the Police.

easy-lift guy

Excellent bit of advice :thumbup:

I disagree, rubbing officer dibble's nose in it is seldom a good idea.

They came and checked the chipper, confirmed it's identity and left. Job done.