1000 times before but...

fergusonforestry

ag reg mogs, now two things here before i start...

1. this has NOTHING to do with RED diesel all our vehicles inc tractors run WHITE.

2. the ONLY things we carry are from-to our own yard-sites NOTHING for hire/reward, selling, private customers etc.

we are local authority what i want to know is can we run agri reg'd mogs? there is a slim possibility we may get one, our boss is interested as it would mean we could drive them without the need for higher licences, im not sure anyone got any ideas?

AGAIN THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING ON RED!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not, what is stopping you. They would be agri so that would be seen as tech off road, you could only take them a radius away from the home base. Free tax no mot, cheep agri ins.

Don't see why not unless you take them up a m way, that is forbidden unless with an exempt ticket from highways, verge cutting etc.

Why not, what is stopping you. They would be agri so that would be seen as tech off road, you could only take them a radius away from the home base. Free tax no mot, cheep agri ins.

Don't see why not unless you take them up a m way, that is forbidden unless with an exempt ticket from highways, verge cutting etc.

well we only work within edinburgh council district a radius of about 10 miles and never travel on motorways anyway and being a council, tax,mot,insurance not an issue,its more whether legal as regards carrying a load and the licencing issue? like i said any load we would carry would be from our land to our yard kinda thing

Because HMRC wont let you carry goods on the road with red.

Hasn't anyone made the connection here, AGRICULTURAL exemptions are for AGRICULTURE, they ardent there so that tree surgeons can dodge driver and operator licencing and run on red.

I think the question your asking is - if the mog is classed as ag and therefor technically a tractor can you use it for tree work without the need for a 7.5ton licence and OL.

I'd like to know this for sure too - tho' Im sure the answers probably no!

I'd be quite happy to use it on white if thats the case as dont have a big enuf licence

Because HMRC wont let you carry goods on the road with red.

Hasn't anyone made the connection here, AGRICULTURAL exemptions are for AGRICULTURE, they ardent there so that tree surgeons can dodge driver and operator licencing and run on red.

will NOT be on red as stated at begining, i don't know if it helps but we are the forestry section and refered to as such officially in paperwork, job description etc, in all things about various exemptions etc the description goes 'Vehicles used solely for the purpose of agriculture, horticulture and forestry' ?

I think the question your asking is - if the mog is classed as ag and therefor technically a tractor can you use it for tree work without the need for a 7.5ton licence and OL.

I'd like to know this for sure too - tho' Im sure the answers probably no!

I'd be quite happy to use it on white if thats the case as dont have a big enuf licence

well the o licence will be present as i said we are council guys and some of our guys have c1 licences but according to the spec on that mog we've all been drooling over its 9.3t ?

will NOT be on red as stated at begining, i don't know if it helps but we are the forestry section and refered to as such officially in paperwork, job description etc, in all things about various exemptions etc the description goes 'Vehicles used solely for the purpose of agriculture, horticulture and forestry' ?

It matters little what the LA has called your department, what matters (to the powers that be) is the activity you are engaged in.

If you are a forestry operation then fine but I suspect you are the people who look after the LA's tree stock which is an entirely different animal.

this being the minefield that its is straight forward info seems few and far between but from what i can see from this from atkinson vos ltd ''Unimogs are usually registered as agricultural tractors, which means that road tax is currently free for the year. The use of red diesel in some cases is also applicable, but this is largely dependent on the kind of work you are doing. Our Unimogs are generally imported from the Continent and can have age related number plates, or can be registered on a "Q" plate.'' seems to sugest actual activaty engaged in is more to do with legit use of the red stuff rather than anything else i.e you must be ploughing a field etc to use red which as i said doesnt come in to this so it should be fine to have it ag reg'd on white?