tips from business owners!

Czlowiek Drzewo

Two colored invoices one black ( customer copy ) one blue ( your copy ). Carbon paper. Make up your own invoice book. :thumbup:

I've got a small carbon copy invoice book i currently use for firewood and it stays in my truck, but these invoices look awful in my opinion and I want a custom made invoice book, with my logo, website, phone nbumber, vat number etc on it

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two very good pieces of advice passed onto me by two quite successfull people.

1) Don't be affraid to invest in yourself, your the only one in control of your business. I did this when I moved into this career and its working so far.

2) Turnover is vanity - profit is sanity. Many people get caught up in the romance of how many thousands they turnover. I keep my overheads as low as possible and only invest if I know what the return will be. Keep control of your costs.

Good luck and don't put all your eggs in one basket or try to run before you can walk.:thumbup:

hodge, who done the printed invoice book for you? i need to get one done but struggling to find a decent company to do one for me, and what was the cost?

I got the done locally, they are an A4 pad with carbon copys and my logo etc, payment terms or whatever, I also write quotes out on the job if needed, then it's in there hand in black and white. Ring up a local printers and get a quote. Mine were about 120 for 6 pads I think.